I'm Bored With Food

complik8td said:
This is precisely what happened to me! I was always of the mindset that "vegan has GOT to be TOUGH." Boy, was I ever wrong! :) For me, eating vegan is challenging in social situations, but when I am my own chef, I enjoy getting creative. And I love to make the food look pretty. ;)

Clare ~ first and foremost.... rest up and take care of yourself. Sorry that you have to stretch yourself so thin. :( (((hugs)))

Yay vegans!! :)

Vegan food is AMAZING!

In my responding post, I also raved about Vegan food. I'm stressing it again because it's just so darn tasty! I have a daughter (3 1/2yrs) who is not big fan of meat. A few times/week I experiment with Vegan food, which is not really that complicated. It definitely requires you to think outside the box and add a variety of veggies, herbs and seasonings along with protein sources from beans, tofu, quinoa. A great way to add more vitamins/fiber into your diet too because of the increased intake of fruits & vegetables. If you're in a food funk, this might definitely get you out of it :).

Natasha

I totally feel ya!! My main problem is finding the time to cook. With 4 kids, 12 hour work days, husband on nights, I find it hard to even have the desire to cook. Cooking and cleaning are 2 things that have lost priority in my life for the time being. I never eat what I make the kids because it's just typical kid friendly food. I often just end up eating Kashi cereal or greek yogurt with granola and almonds for dinner. I need quick easy, healthy, kid friendly meals....

You are my hero!! I am exhausted just reading what you do in a day!

If you're gadget-y you might consider a small splurge on a new kitchen gadget. Thinking of how to use it might spark some creativity.

I love me some kitchen gadgets and just got a pressure cooker. I've never, ever used one but wanted to give it a try.

story1267 said:
If you're gadget-y you might consider a small splurge on a new kitchen gadget. Thinking of how to use it might spark some creativity.

I love me some kitchen gadgets and just got a pressure cooker. I've never, ever used one but wanted to give it a try.

Great idea!!!! My world was revolutionized when I got my vitamix!!! :)

I totally get that way sometimes. I just am not interested in food (particularly when I'm stressed out!). Just can't get motivated for any particular food and sometimes have to force myself to eat something- anything. Wish I had some words of wisdom for you....

I just am not interested in food (particularly when I'm stressed out!).

:( That's when I'm most interested in food, unfortunately.

Please let us know what drags you out of your food funk. It's always good to hear how original posters fared. We care.

Sometimes our relationship to food can be a metaphor for our lives. Perhaps when food seems dull you may be going through a dull or meloncholy time in life? I find this true for my clients that I deal with emotional eating issues with. Maybe evaluate your day and see if you are just doing so much routine in your day that life is getting monotonous and see if you r just getting through your day only do you can crash in bed at night. We as humans are programmed to seek pleasure and purpose. Maybe as you are looking for pleasure from food it may benefit u to seek refuge from the mundane and look for pleasure and purpose in each day and then perhaps you may find more fulfillment in every aspect of your day and find that sweet spot in your day rather than in the foods? Just my two cents:)

Sometimes our relationship to food can be a metaphor for our lives. Perhaps when food seems dull you may be going through a dull or meloncholy time in life? I find this true for my clients that I deal with emotional eating issues with. Maybe evaluate your day and see if you are just doing so much routine in your day that life is getting monotonous and see if you r just getting through your day only do you can crash in bed at night. We as humans are programmed to seek pleasure and purpose. Maybe as you are looking for pleasure from food it may benefit u to seek refuge from the mundane and look for pleasure and purpose in each day and then perhaps you may find more fulfillment in every aspect of your day and find that sweet spot in your day rather than in the foods? Just my two cents:)
I think you "hit the nail on the head."

Hiiiiiiiiiiii...!!

I wanna share delicious recipes with you. After trying my recipes you never be bored. Can you please tell me which food you want to taste.:p ?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.