iFIT for the treadmill?

delfin

Cathlete
I just got a new treadmill (yay!) and it came w/a brochure for iFIT.com, where you can let workouts streamed from their website control the speed, incline, etc of your treadmill, w/music and coaching. Has anyone used this? If so, what do you think? Thanks for any input!:)

Bumping

I got a new treadmill for Christmas--same deal. I have no idea where to begin or if it's even worth it.

HA! I have to admit that my ProForm is equipped for/with iFit, but I've never once used or tried it out!

Gayle

I actually used the iFit website for awhile a couple of years ago (bought a year's subscription). The problem is you have to have a computer close enough to your treadmill to stream off the website.

DH hooked up two 20' stereo cords and I "hid" them behind furniture and unhooked them when I was finished. I was able to connect to my computer in the other room.

I found that the voice wasn't loud enough to hear over the treadmill belt (you hook your earphones into the jack on the console). If you made the volume TOO loud on the computer, it would throw off the "beeps" it sends to the treadmill and the speed and incline wouldn't change. What I did was get a small amplifier from RadioShack and boost the volume.

If you want to just try out the website (with workouts that change the speed/incline but don't have music), it's free. If you want the music and "cuing" you have to buy the membership.

I'm sure that's clear as mud, lol...but feel free to ask more questions and I'll try to answer them. :)

HTH,
Kathy

P.S. I discontinued my membership when I found iTreads (www.itrain.com) and got hooked on MP3's instead! ;-)

Hi, I bought a nordic track treadmill in January of last year. It also has the I fit so I went to Sears and bought cards that you can use. They had a few varieties but are expensive. Also the Nordic Track website has a link to buy these. At Sears it cost 30.00 for a card. They had a walking program with 25 workouts,a jogging program with 25 workouts and a running program with 25 workouts. The running speed on the last goes to 8.5 miles an hour and runs from 45 minutes to 1 hr. A female voice talks and tell you when they are raising the incline and reducing the speed. They also sell a card that tests your vo2 max and then comes up with 10 workouts for you. I believe this was around 120.00 and a heartrate monitor.

I also checked out the Ifit website and had a very hard time gaining access because it said I had the wrong verson of windows explorer so I never tried the membership. I believe it's free at first.

I did the jogging and got used to it and could do it for 45 minutes with no problems but when it came to the 8.5 mile and hour runs for 45 minutes I could not keep up and took breaks through the workout. Well I hope this information helps and have fun with your treadmill.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.