If you MUST snack

August

Cathlete
You can't sleep. You toss and turn. Time goes by and then eventually you get hungry. You try having some protein drink. It doesn't do the trick.

What do you guys snack on if you must?

i try to reach for fruit. something like an apple or 1/4 of a medium sized cantaloupe. it is filling but is not heavy.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

For some reason, a few crackers and a small glass of milk at night.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Lately I've been snacking on chick peas, white kidney beans and red kidney beans...it is quite the mixture and not only yummy but filling!

Oatmeal

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

Snack Ideas

The only time I remember getting hungry in the middle of the night was during a Slow and Heavy rotation! Protein is what I craved for sure. I am not a big meat eater in general, but I could not get enough of it during my first Slow and Heavy rotation. I could not get enough sleep either, but that is another story.

I do keep some nutritious snacks on hand in case I want to munch on something late at night. I keep a bowl of raw vinegar in the refrigerator with cucumber slices in it. I am a lover of anything sweet or sour, and the strong flavor satisfies my taste buds without any real calorie damage. It instantly ends any desire to overeat as well.

I also cut ripe bananas into bite-size chunks, stick a toothpick in each one, freeze, frost with natural peanut butter, and freeze again. I love the ice cream texture, and one bite-size piece satisfies me if I savor it. Frozen strawberries, blueberries, and grapes are good too. I either go for something with a strong flavor (like the cucumber slices in raw vinegar) or something that is frozen and requires me to slow down and savor every bite. I avoid mindless grazing at any cost (especially late at night).

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Snack Ideas

I just thought of another one that I just finished eating....l/f cottage cheese! I had my cereal earlier in the evening! LOL I normally don't snack twice after dinner but TTOM is approaching so appetite is slowly getting bigger...and BIGGER!:eek: :7 }(

If I stay up late I almost always have to have a snack. I eat a salad, or cottage cheese with a few raisins, on the protein drink I fill my Magic bullet with 1/2 cup milk then almost to the top with ice,add protien powder and General Foods Decaf sugar free mocha cappucino, then water, I blend blend this and it is thick like ice cream and then I eat it with a spoon.
Diane Sue
http://wd.1ww.us

Last night I had celery sticks and salsa. Sometimes I have rice cakes or pretzels. It really depends on my mood. I'm really not into sweets but I do love salty things.

Robin

Have you tried the GNC PM Protein shake. It has 40g of protein in it and is like you have a brick in your stomach. It will fill you up. Also add some yogurt in there as well, and don't tell me that your not full then! LOL! Try it!

Charlotte~~

If I wake up, or literally can't sleep because I'm hungry - if it means I actually have to get out of bed - then I grab whatever I can get my hands on. Usually peanut butter toast because it's quick and filling. If it's just a late nigt snack and I'm still up, then I'll do something like fruit, cottage cheese, or maybe a nut/fruit mix, depending on how much fat I've had during the day.

l/f cottage cheese with sweetener and vanilla extract or with sugar free syrup......pretty good if you have a sweet tooth.

I often find myself going for soy chips late at night, but if I can manage to, I steer myself towards the fat-free yogurt because the soy chips are harder to digest and give me nightmares, while the yogurt is easy to digest and doesn't affect my sleep at all.
-Nancy

Definitely cereal!

I find myself getting up in the middle of the night plenty of times to eat a bowl of cereal. It's more insomnia than it is hunger, but it helps to go back to sleep with a fully stomach!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.