If I didn't have a reason to quit diet soda before.....

LauraMax

Cathlete
I really need to stop reading this stuff while I'm having lunch. :eek:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/02/frog.pepsi.can/index.html
CNN) -- The "disgusting" blob that Fred DeNegri's wife says she poured out of his Diet Pepsi can was probably a gutted frog or toad, the Food and Drug Administration said.
Amy DeNegri took pictures of the can in question right after her husband gagged on its contents.

corner_wire_BL.gif

DeNegri was grilling in his backyard tiki bar in Ormond Beach, Florida, when he popped open a can of Diet Pepsi, took a big gulp and started gagging, his wife, Amy, said.
He emptied out the can down a sink but something heavy remained inside. His wife took over and shook the can over a paper plate until something resembling "pink linguini" slid out, followed by "dark stuff," Amy DeNegri said.
"It was disgusting," said Amy DeNegri, 55. "And now, what started out as a normal afternoon in our tiki bar has blown up into this crazy thing."
The DeNegris took pictures before calling poison control and the FDA, which showed up the next day to examine the can in question and collect it for lab testing.

I found a fly (dead) in a can of diet pop. I spit it out of course! Not a great experience.

It might be a good idea to strain a can of pop into a glass of ice to get the nasties out first.

I only ever drink 7up or Sprite (even that is very rare), and only from bottles I can see through or in a cup (not a big soda fan). I never, never, never drink out of cans. They sit in warehouses and get rodent urine and droppings on them, bugs walking on them, and all other sort of nastiness. You can't really control that in any effective way, so I just make it a policy to not drink from cans. I saw something about that on TV way back in my youth and it left a permanent impression on me. yikes!!

My first thought was that the people put that in the can. The vast majority of times, incidents like this turn out that way.

I've never been in a plant that fills cans with soda, but I've seen clips of them on TV over the years and it seems pretty hard to imagine how a frog or part of a frog could have gotten into a can.

That picture in the link is gross!

What she said. Almost always people who report things like this want a quick monetary settlement or want to ruin the company's reputation.

When I was in college we got a case of bottled beer that had bottle caps in the unopened bottles. Each bottle cap was bent in half in the bottle. I know that my friend would always bend the cap and put it in the bottle when he was done with it so I knew how they got there...after the bottles get recycled they must not tip them over when they wash them. I am sure that we are not the only people that do that and I know that they weren't our bottles, just a coincidence. I am still kind of grossed out by it to this day. On the other hand all we did was bring them back to the store and they gave us a new case. We never would have thought to have hired a legal team. Gross yes but not bad enough to make a fortune off of it.

Why oh why did I read this??? Where's the puke smiley BLECH!!
I've always thought that this guy :eek: , but with green where the red is, would make a good pukin' smilie (sounds kind of like the name of some good ol' country boy, doesn't it? LOL!)

I'm never drinking a commercial soda ever again. Forget the damn little cans. Pour it in a glass or make your own with lemon, lime, and simple syrup or stevia.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.