iClimb/Cardio Coach Recommendations Please

Thaknks Michele. I looked this over before ordering and made note of the different levels/zones. I us a HRM (seperate from the elliptical) so I should be able to stay on target:)

I haven't tried Cardio Coach (I know, Michelle, I'm BAD!), but I do have iClimb 6 and 7. I like both of those a lot. I don't go to a gym anymore, but when I did I used those on the elliptical and I worked out much harder than I would have on my own. Have fun with your new Cardio Coaches, too!

anne

Allright ladies....I tried CC #5 this morning... and.... I LOVED IT!!! It really suprised me. I never spent more than 30 mins on an elliptical, but this wo was 50 mins and I never got bored. Sean kept me motivated through the entire wo. In fact, I thought challenge 1 (4 hills) was the entire wo which ended around 25 mins in. I was thinking, whew! that wasn' so bad until he started talking about Challenge 2...GASP!!! I actually let out a whimper, but I pulled it together and became the lion and pushed forward...LOL.

Thanks ladies for all of your input. I am definitely hooked. I'll try out an iClimb wo sometime next week.

Allright ladies....I tried CC #5 this morning... and.... I LOVED IT!!! It really suprised me. I never spent more than 30 mins on an elliptical, but this wo was 50 mins and I never got bored. Sean kept me motivated through the entire wo. In fact, I thought challenge 1 (4 hills) was the entire wo which ended around 25 mins in. I was thinking, whew! that wasn' so bad until he started talking about Challenge 2...GASP!!! I actually let out a whimper, but I pulled it together and became the lion and pushed forward...LOL.

Thanks ladies for all of your input. I am definitely hooked. I'll try out an iClimb wo sometime next week.

Volume 5 has been my favorite for this past month. I have every volume of CC and so my favorites tend to change with my mood.
I love the lion reference and the growling sound effects! I like to think of myself as the lion too:D

Trish, I'm so glad you gave CC a try. I KNEW you would love it!! Volume 5 has a very high fun factor for me. It keeps me distracted so that I don't realize how hard I'm working.

I started out with Volume 1 and I loved it so much that I went back and bought the rest of the workouts a few days later. ;) :D

Now you need to get the Press Play workout so that you can join our group for Press Play Saturday!! (A group of us do that workout on the last Saturday of every month)

Every Wednesday night a group of us cyclists do an indoor spin session. I usually use my mp3 player and do Cardio Coach, while the others work out to a Spinerval DVD. I was just finishing the 1st challenge of Cardio Coach #4 when my battery died on my mp3 player! I finished the workout doing the Spinerval, but I tell you, the fun factor wasn't there for me. WAAAAAH!

Spinervals are great workouts too, just not as much fun for me.

Jeanette, what a bummer that your battery died after the 1st challenge!! I know exactly what you mean about CC. I feel the same way. I have ALWAYS hated cardio until I found CC. Sean somehow managed to make me ENJOY working out ;) . Several people have recommended the Spinerval DVD's, and I'm sure I'll try them one of these days, but I'm not looking to dump Coach Sean for Coach Troy. ;)

I took my bike in for a tuneup yesterday but they need to keep it for about 10 days :(. I ordered a Terry Butterfly Ti seat and a computer, and they're going to hook all that up for me. I got a training tire, too. I'm really excited about working out on my bike!! :D

Michelle, I think people are motivated by different things. One time in our spin session, the fellas were willing to work out to Cardio Coach #5. They did it and liked it, but they are hard core racing cyclists and like the more bicycle performance oriented Spinervals. They like being told which gear to put the bike in and references to time trials and hills and bike specific situations.

Me, I like to hear the horses in CC#2, the thought of a village of people waiting for my return, references to clouds, the beach, etc. Visualizations. They can have their Spinervals, I'll do my CC's. You reminded me to go change the battery in my mp3 player.

Glad you are getting your bike tuned up, you want the gears to shift properly and the set to be at the right height. Have the bike shop adjust that for you. Too many people ride with the seat too high or too low and that causes problems. Also remember that pedaling while standing will raise your heart rate too. I use that for short sprints and it's effective. It may take a little bit to get used to doing that. Also, whatever saddle you use, your butt will need a breakin time, meaning you are probably going to be uncomfortable.

Have fun!

Me, I like to hear the horses in CC#2, the thought of a village of people waiting for my return, references to clouds, the beach, etc. Visualizations.

Oh, I like that one too! There is something special about all of them. I really can't choose a favorite because they are all so wonderful for different reasons.

I love the drums in 1 & 2 also;)

Jeanette, thanks for the cycling tips! I really NEED them. I don't know a thing about it -- I really don't. I watched a few Spinerval clips yesterday and I had NO CLUE what Coach Troy was talking about -- LOL!!! Like, what is the big ring? :eek:

The imagery in CC is what propels me through the workouts. I wouldn't be able to do cardio without that. I have to be distracted from the work. Cardio to me is just a miserable thing that one must do in order to be fit and healthy. I'm envious of people who naturally love it.

My favorite changes with my moods. I truly love them all. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.