ICE Next Week!

ashaw

Cathlete
After 3.5 months of (mostly) being away from Cathe's workouts since my knee injury, I'm going to try to do my first full week of my favorite ICE rotation, doing one ICE workout followed by one Muscle Meltdown. I feel good about all the workouts except for Boot Camp Circuit because I haven't used a step since my knee injury in June while finishing Cardio Slam. I did finally order a compression knee support, found it brand new on eBay for a fraction of what it cost on Bauerfiend's website, and I should have it before Saturday, which will be Boot Camp Circuit day, so we'll give it a go and see how things go. I remember in the BCC workout, everyone raises their step height to 3 risers for the second half of the workout, well, I won't be doing that, I might only be using one riser. I'd rather err on the side of caution. Wish me luck! While I've enjoyed P.Volve and plan to keep doing it in some capacity, my goal is to get back with Cathe.

Congrats on your progress & good luck with ICE! I really enjoy ICE's Bootcamp workout ...love the premix that adds the core in the rounds. I don't go beyond 8" for the 2nd half as I notice there's a definite different proprioceptive feel to going higher & I don't want to take a chance on injury; besides it's still a tough enuf workout for me without going that high. I used a knee support for years, but only use it now when my ITB acts up ... you'll notice the added support & it'll give you a bit more confidence that the knee is stable.

Congrats on your progress & good luck with ICE! I really enjoy ICE's Bootcamp workout ...love the premix that adds the core in the rounds. I don't go beyond 8" for the 2nd half as I notice there's a definite different proprioceptive feel to going higher & I don't want to take a chance on injury; besides it's still a tough enuf workout for me without going that high. I used a knee support for years, but only use it now when my ITB acts up ... you'll notice the added support & it'll give you a bit more confidence that the knee is stable.
Thank you! I’m excited to get back to my favorite Cathe workouts! I’ve already done rock m sock m kickbox and metabolic total body with no problems. I’m skipping the blizzard blasts because I don’t want to overdo high impact cardio. I love the muscle meltdowns and incorporated them with my P.volve workouts.

ICE is probably my 2nd favorite series from Cathe, with XTRAIN being my favorite. It is so versatile. The only thing for me is, I didn't like this Bootcamp as much as the Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp. I usually will do that one in place of the ICE one. Best of luck, I know what it's like to have to get back into things due to injuries or even surgeries.

I just had my first ICE workout this morning - Rock'm Sock'M kickbox & Muscle Meltdown Triceps and my knee was a little fussy during the warmup, but after that I didn't have any issues. I was careful, but actually did some jumping, even those crazy jump kicks. The only thing I didn't do was the air jacks, but I was able to do the snow angel jacks and the regular jacks. But I'm much more aware of my knee and how I'm feeling. So, one day down, 5 more to go!

I just had my first ICE workout this morning - Rock'm Sock'M kickbox & Muscle Meltdown Triceps and my knee was a little fussy during the warmup, but after that I didn't have any issues. I was careful, but actually did some jumping, even those crazy jump kicks. The only thing I didn't do was the air jacks, but I was able to do the snow angel jacks and the regular jacks. But I'm much more aware of my knee and how I'm feeling. So, one day down, 5 more to go!
I like the timesaver premix-5 segments removed, for times I feel like I don't need all those jumping jacks. This premix cuts out most, the only one I believe is in it is the angel jacks. It's a fun premix, but since it's shorter in time, it's also great for days you don't have a lot of time but still want to do that workout. Glad to hear things are going good for you.

Day 2 - To the Mat: Legs & Glutes plus muscle meltdown shoulders. So far so good! My knee support arrived yesterday so I’ll pick it up at my mailbox when I go out tomorrow morning. I’ll definitely be wearing it for Chiseled Lower Body blast and Boot Camp circuit.

Day 3 - Metabolic Total Body plus Muscle Meltdown Chest. I love Metabolic Total Body, I feel like I get a solid workout from it and then adding on the chest work put me at a little over an hour. My knee felt fine the entire time. I picked up my brace in the mail this morning and tried it on before lunch. I wore it around and the compression felt good and I'm glad that I went for the smaller size because it'll give me more compression and stability. I'll be wearing it for Chiseled Lower Body Blast and Boot Camp Circuit. Up tomorrow - Low Impact Cardio HIIT from Fit Split plus Muscle Meltdown Back. I like Low Impact Sweat, but would rather do Low Impact Cardio HIIT, a workout I've done before and know is friendly to my knee. I can't believe I have 3 days in the books already. It feels so good to be back with Cathe again. While I've enjoyed the P.Volve workouts and am thankful I was able to do them in the early days of my knee injury, some of workouts aren't long enough for my liking and some of the moves are awkward and hard to know if you're doing exactly right. I am really excited about STS 2.0 since I've really gotten serious about weights since late last year.

Well my ICE routine has actually turned to ice. I was doing great with my routine and even did Perfect 30 Low impact hiit with no issues. Then I’m on my patio and my dog and my neighbor’s dog were running and hit my leg and my right foot rolled. No ankle problems but a very tender foot and a swollen knot on the outside. I never felt a crack or pop so I’m just going to rest and Ice. I can’t even do P.volve right now because a lot of it is stepping patterns with ankle weights, ankle bands and gliding discs. So I just have to give this time.

I've ended up recovering better than I expected from my foot being rolled by two dogs running into me. Saturday I actually did the two ICE Muscle Meltdowns that I needed to do and today I did To The Mat: Legs and Glutes. I only had to modify those side planks because I couldn't do the leg raise too without it bothering the side of my foot. I even went to the grocery store this morning and wore my regular workout shoes because they have more support and fit snugger than my Skechers. I walked slowly but I made it. Still continuing to elevate my foot, but I'm out of the 48 hour period to use ice. I haven't even gotten to try out that new knee brace either. Certainly eager, but don't want to rush into anything either.

I've ended up recovering better than I expected from my foot being rolled by two dogs running into me. Saturday I actually did the two ICE Muscle Meltdowns that I needed to do and today I did To The Mat: Legs and Glutes. I only had to modify those side planks because I couldn't do the leg raise too without it bothering the side of my foot. I even went to the grocery store this morning and wore my regular workout shoes because they have more support and fit snugger than my Skechers. I walked slowly but I made it. Still continuing to elevate my foot, but I'm out of the 48 hour period to use ice. I haven't even gotten to try out that new knee brace either. Certainly eager, but don't want to rush into anything either.
Sorry to read of your injury ... bummer ... it'll heal, smart to pay attention to your body's needs.

Sorry to read of your injury ... bummer ... it'll heal, smart to pay attention to your body's needs.
Thank you so much! I’m very thankful that I’ve worked out for many years injury free. I never imagined getting injured by two dogs running at top speed!

After 3.5 months of (mostly) being away from Cathe's workouts since my knee injury, I'm going to try to do my first full week of my favorite ICE rotation, doing one ICE workout followed by one Muscle Meltdown. I feel good about all the workouts except for Boot Camp Circuit because I haven't used a step since my knee injury in June while finishing Cardio Slam. I did finally order a compression knee support, found it brand new on eBay for a fraction of what it cost on Bauerfiend's website, and I should have it before Saturday, which will be Boot Camp Circuit day, so we'll give it a go and see how things go. I remember in the BCC workout, everyone raises their step height to 3 risers for the second half of the workout, well, I won't be doing that, I might only be using one riser. I'd rather err on the side of caution. Wish me luck! While I've enjoyed P.Volve and plan to keep doing it in some capacity, my goal is to get back with Cathe.
My first rotation after my knee injury was also ICE! Love that series! My biggest pitfall with this knee was stairs, so I knew I needed to work on stepping, but like you said, erring on the side of caution. If it helps, my first attempt at BCC was using the platform only; I kept notes on how it felt and what I could increase the step heights with (I'm a physical therapist so data collection on physical performance is in my blood I guess lol). Welcome back to Cathe!

My first rotation after my knee injury was also ICE! Love that series! My biggest pitfall with this knee was stairs, so I knew I needed to work on stepping, but like you said, erring on the side of caution. If it helps, my first attempt at BCC was using the platform only; I kept notes on how it felt and what I could increase the step heights with (I'm a physical therapist so data collection on physical performance is in my blood I guess lol). Welcome back to Cathe!
Thank you! I'm a week in on this foot sprain and I'm being very careful about what I do. I'm still able to lift for upper body and so incredibly thankful for the ICE To The Mat workout because I can work my lower body without being on my feet. I read where a minor sprain can take 2-4 weeks to fully heal. I really miss being able to do cardio but I don't want to do too much too soon and risk reinjury.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.