ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast

delfin

Cathlete
I've been doing Cathe's workouts for a long time now... since VHS days. I'm delighted that she's come out with an intermediate level series. I did the Lower Body Blast this morning, and in the words of Goldilocks, this was "just right" for me. I was challenged, yet so appreciated the little breaks during the cardio blasts... feeling like the tiny moments of rest helped keep me going so I could stay focused and not get sloppy during the strength segments. And the strength segments had me "feeling the burn," yet didn't push me beyond my comfortable limits. Also, a thorough warm up, cool down, and nice stretch. Five stars!

I loved this one! One of my favorites for this series so far. Even though it was a slightly slower pace, I thought it was really tough. I had a good burn going the whole time & the cardio bursts kept my heart rate up. I loved all of the moves-it's always fun to have new ones thrown in. Can't wait to do this one again.

Just finished this one and loved it too!!! My legs were feeling pretty full by the end. I also added core #2, which was probably a mistake. My legs were already tired then I had to hold them up in the air for the v sits for core. I think next time I'' mix in the abs or even do them first. I've done both core workouts and love them both. Mix of new moves with older moves. I'm liking the slower pace of these workouts. I think going slower also allows me to go deeper, which means that 8 or 10lb DB now feels heavier. I also like the rests because she gives you just enough time to move around so you can keep going. I haven't had to pause my player in any of these workouts. I'm loving this series so far. I till have Boot Camp w/blizzard blast and Metab. w/blizzard blast left to do. I also did not do this blizzard blast due to time. I think I'll fit it in later today. I also haven't done any of the Muscle Meltdowns yet. Anyone done them yet??? How are they????

I agree jbliff, I thought this was harder than Lean Legs & I also thought the exact same thing that it reminded me of an easier version of RWH Lower.

Ditto firemedic to everything you said. Loving this one so much & both core's, slower pace allows me to go deeper. Legs/glutes felt like they worked! I just did Boot Camp today-I loved it, but this one is still my favorite so far along with Muscle Meltdown shoulders. That is the only MM I have had time for so far. But it was awesome. I felt the entire shoulder was worked. I have only done 2 Blizzard Blasts, so besides the rest of them and the other MM's, the only other disc I have left to try is the Rockm Sockm.

I have been traveling pretty much since my disks arrived, and won't get home until 12/29, so have only been able to try one workout so far: Rock 'em Sock 'em. But I did do the tricep muscle meltdown, which I really enjoyed: a giant set of 5 exercises, each repeated 12 times for 3 sets.

I know most of the folks on these forums can match or exceed Cathe's weight selections, and I just don't know how you do it! She was is using 12 pounds, so I thought I would be able to do 8, but ended up going down to 6 after the first round.

Did this one yesterday and it gave me the gift of DOMS on Christmas Day!! Loved it, I did the main workout plus blizzard blast and icy core 2. Oh my, do those high rep lunge taps sneak up on you or what!?!! I agree with everyone, the slower pace has really forced me to work on my form and am able to really engage my muscles in every move. I am loving this new series, it is so well thought out and the endless options excite me to no end.

I did this one again yesterday - such fun! I upped my weights a bit this time too which was made it even tougher. Love this workout.

I am doing Level 3, and it has been very fun, but I will note that the workouts can be on the long side (approx. 90 minutes) when they include the Blizzard Blast, Muscle Meltdown, and Icy Core segments. I am finding that I frequently need to do some swapping around so that the longer ones happen on the weekends instead of work/school days, but otherwise, it has been great!

Started a Fit Split/Ice Rotation. The Blizzard Blast on this one is no joke!!! Those one legged Burpees really challenged me. Love the mix of weights and cardio. My favorite type of workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.