I would love Slow and Heavy 2

I'd love S&H 2!!!
In one of the S&H workouts she says something like; we move slow on the concentric moves......maybe on another workout we'll move slow on the eccentric moves. Well alrighty then......Lets do it!!! Please, please, please!!!
Although the only thing I didn't like with the original chest w/o is that there were identical moves on the flat step and then again on an incline, which kinda makes the w/o drag on, with a slight bit of dread. I don't mind the basic moves (as they are typically the most effective), I just would like a tad bit more variety in the moves. Overall, I got great results with S&H and would love an updated version.

I'd love S&H 2!!!
In one of the S&H workouts she says something like; we move slow on the concentric moves......maybe on another workout we'll move slow on the eccentric moves. Well alrighty then......Lets do it!!! Please, please, please!!!
Although the only thing I didn't like with the original chest w/o is that there were identical moves on the flat step and then again on an incline, which kinda makes the w/o drag on, with a slight bit of dread. I don't mind the basic moves (as they are typically the most effective), I just would like a tad bit more variety in the moves. Overall, I got great results with S&H and would love an updated version.

I couldn't agree more on bringing on some fun variety of traditional moves. I am referring to lunges, deadlift and squat.
Not in metabolic --- Circuit format lifting light. I would like to see more variation not just in slow motion.
In slow motion in 4x4 motion would be much, slower and more effective of course --- Bringing more DOMS and who would say no 2 that;);)

As to highlighted above, there is some eccentric motion. The one I can recall is lunges on 2x4 count. The descending motion was slow --- That is the eccentric part. I recall that one cause
I was praying to *not* speed up the ascending part, keeping the tension throughtout the full
ROM. LOL:eek::eek:;):D.

That said yes we need variety executing traditional --- Basic moves in single motion.:)

Last edited:
I would love this as well! I would like a total body weights workout. It can be split premix of upper and lower but one that is every muscle. I am sure it would be a long workout but it would be worth it.
I need some basic lifting for my legs especially. And this way it would be for intermediate and advanced depends upon your weight selection!
I don't want slides however to me that isn't traditional lifting. I want three sets of squats very heavy and lunges, and plies, then some floor work with butt lifts or should I call it bridges with weight on your lap, then ankle weights doing inner thighs really good!
I love the the mat workout for the floor work but I add weights on ankles and it brings it home that way.
But I was thinking I would love some squats that are heavy in this! No barbells I think not everyone has those.
Thanks for the post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to add no pulses ! It kills my back I don't mind slow but not pulses. I think lift heavy and get in and get out! I want to concentrate on form better and feel it where I need to but not ache in the back. I may do slow and heavy for legs tomorrow [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Slow and Heavy and would love to see a Slow and Heavy 2! I bet that would be amazing!

I'd love S&H 2!!!

@rhbrand and @angie_nrs

If you have a squat Rack, try it for Slow and Heavy --- It is very helpful.
It worked really well for me, racking up and off the barbell quickly.;);)
Really good for this low range rep in slow motion.:)

oh, plus weighted vest;)

Just did Slow and Heavy Tricep and Bicep
Have not done it in quite a while it was awesome!
Another vote here for slow and heavy 2 !!!!!
I love the idea of focusing on the eccentric movement!!
It is time Lol !

Brigitte:)

Just did Slow and Heavy Tricep and Bicep
Have not done it in quite a while it was awesome!
Another vote here for slow and heavy 2 !!!!!
I love the idea of focusing on the eccentric movement!!
It is time Lol !

:eek::eek::eek: What?
partials on bicep and triceps:eek: Brigitte are you careful on what you are wishing for LOL:D

Hi Nathalie
My forearms and biceps are still talking to me Lol !!!
Still going to do Slow and Heavy chest and back for todays work out though.
I find I need a lot of concentration for that one as I remember, but really worth it!

I think I read a Cathe article not long ago about essentric exercises.

Actually I thought a new concept to slow and heavy would be to do a set of concentric exercises, rest, and then do a set of essentric exercises using the same move at a slooooooow pace like in the original S&H. So instead of doing 3 sets of the same move, just do 2 sets using opposite types contractions. For bicep curls you could start the first set at the bottom and use the slow count going up and then for the second set start at the top and use the slow count going down. That would add a lot of variety and still get the muscles good. Cathe could always come up with another exercise for a specific group if 2 sets of only one exercise for a specific muscle group wasn't enough.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.