I would like to join a group, but which one?

beckymd

Cathlete
Hi everyone! This is only my second post, so please bear with me.

I am new to Cathe (I have the Rhythmic Step combo DVD and the KickMax, but many other Hardcore DVDs are on the way) and I would love to join one of these groups, but I don't know which one and I don't know if I need an invite.

In order to make a more educated decision about which group I should join, I'll tell you ladies a bit about me:

My name is Becky and I am a 24 yr old, 5'4" med student in Florida. I just finished my first year. Last summer I weighed around 135 lbs and over the past year of hard studying, my weight went up to 143. Even though I ran during the school year, I must have just not exercised hard enough.

This is my last summer ever (before I sell my soul to the medical profession) and I am back down to 134, working on a next goal of 130, and then potentially 125 (depending on what my body is like at 130). This summer I am going crazy with exercise, but over the next school year I will have to tailor it down to only 1 hr per day with maybe up to 2 hrs/day on weekends. (The 2nd year of medical school is the hardest.)

Ladies, I would love to have the support and encouragement that all of you have when you are part of one of these check-in groups. Which one should I join?

Thank you all so much!

Everyone here is really nice and best advice is just jump right in and see what you think. Don't let the cardio haters freak you out, we hate cardio but we all do it. We would just rather be lifting weights vs. cardio, but we are a lively crowd.

We will see you around!
Jana

Hey Beckymd,

We are glad to have you aboard! You can really join in any of the checkins and meet some wonderful people. EVeryone here is to support and encourage others. Come try the DAily checkin, that has been around for a while. Some even check in at more than 1 place.

Hope to hear from you soon!

kim

Hi Becky, and welcome:)

You are certainly invited to join any check-in that suits you. There are many...some daily in general "what w/o I did today", and others more specific to attaining certain goals, and some doing specific exercise rotations. You can join as many or as few as you like.

I think you'll enjoy visiting here and find much support in your exercise and life endeavors. Take care, med school is rough.

Hi Becky! Welcome.

You will find lots of support here. Yes so many check-ins to chose from. You can even try a few out until you find the right one!

Congrats on your medical studies.

Welcome Becky!!! I agree with those above who say join as many as you like. I have been known to check in on quite a few:p

The Daily Check-in is the most "generic" and then there are those with specific goals, exercises, rotations, etc. as already mentioned above.

Look forward to "seeing" you on the forum.

>Everyone here is really nice and best advice is just jump
>right in and see what you think. Don't let the cardio haters
>freak you out, we hate cardio but we all do it. We would just
>rather be lifting weights vs. cardio, but we are a lively
>crowd.
>
>We will see you around!
>Jana

I hate cardio so much, sometimes I think I would rather be walking barefoot thru used cat litter than do another step!

>OMG Kate....ROTFLMAO........I have some kitty litter I can
>fedex to you.
that is so sweet, but I have five cats so if I am feeling rather disgusted with cardio and I am close, I have some. Very kind though!

Hi Becky,

Welcome! There's about 4 of us that check in about once daily on the KK's rotation and we'd love to have you join.

You're gonna love those workouts.:7

Another thought: if you don't find a check-in or challenge that appeals to you, think of starting one of your own.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.