I went skydiving!

orangenet

Cathlete
I can not believe I did it. I never thought in a million years that I would do something like this! But I did.:D

What an incredible experience. They took a video and it is flippin hilarious. In the preinterview I am was talking really fast and had a huge smile, which for me meant I was really nervous. I was fine in the plane and amazingly coming out of the plane(14,500ft) when you flip over I was fine. I saw the ground then the plane and then the ground. Holy Crap, I was free falling. I'm smiling, everything AOK. The videographer(?) held my hand and we started spinning around a little and that is when I realized I had really jumped out of a flippin plane.:eek: Then I got really nervous but there is nothing you can do. But it was hilarious because my hands formed that kitty-cat claw position like I'm trying to hang onto something for dear life but the only thing out there is air.

A few more seconds and my instructor pulled the cord. It got sooo quiet. Here I was 4,000 feet in the air having a conversation with him. Unbelievable. Then we were on the ground.

It was amazing and still can not believe that I did it.

I just wanted to share this with everyone. I am driving my DH nuts(in a good way) because I keep talking about it.

When DH gets home maybe we can figure out how to add a picture.

Have a great day,
Annette

Wow, you are a much braver person than I! :) It's the kind of thing I think I would enjoy, but would never ever have the guts to do.

Wow! Just reading your post made my heart pound and made me nervous!!!! :eek:

Sky diving sounds exciting but I'm too chicken and would never try it.

When are you going again??

GOOD FOR YOU! I did this a few years ago as a suprise b-day present for my brother. I told him we were going diving (scuba) so we loaded up all the dive gear in my truck. We were driving out to like corn fields where it was and he thought we were going to some tank with sharks. He turned completely white when we turned the corner and I said "suprise, we are going sky diving not scuba diving". We had a blast! I went first. It was the most amazing experience. It doesn't even feel like your falling. Not sure if I would ever do it again as I don't want to push my luck but i think everyone should experience it once.

Congratulations Annette!

I know exactly what you mean! My DH and I did it a couple of years ago and it's the most incredible experience in the world! I just don't know if there's anything that could top it short of an EVA out in space! I would love to hang out amongst the stars like that just once!

I guess skydiving is going to be the closest I can get!

Bask in the experience! Now and then I let myself go back and feel it again! There's nothing like it!

Edited to add: LOVE YOUR AVATAR!

I can not believe I did it. I never thought in a million years that I would do something like this! But I did.:D

What an incredible experience. They took a video and it is flippin hilarious. In the preinterview I am was talking really fast and had a huge smile, which for me meant I was really nervous. I was fine in the plane and amazingly coming out of the plane(14,500ft) when you flip over I was fine. I saw the ground then the plane and then the ground. Holy Crap, I was free falling. I'm smiling, everything AOK. The videographer(?) held my hand and we started spinning around a little and that is when I realized I had really jumped out of a flippin plane.:eek: Then I got really nervous but there is nothing you can do. But it was hilarious because my hands formed that kitty-cat claw position like I'm trying to hang onto something for dear life but the only thing out there is air.

A few more seconds and my instructor pulled the cord. It got sooo quiet. Here I was 4,000 feet in the air having a conversation with him. Unbelievable. Then we were on the ground.

It was amazing and still can not believe that I did it.

I just wanted to share this with everyone. I am driving my DH nuts(in a good way) because I keep talking about it.

When DH gets home maybe we can figure out how to add a picture.

Have a great day,
Annette

syzygy- I am definitely basking and enjoying it. DH would happily join you in an EVA although that may be a bit much for me.

JennieR- The only reason I went was because my SIL was visiting from Wisconsin. My DH started flying the skydiving plane on the weekends a month and a half ago. He dared his sis to go skydiving and said she did not have the ovaries to do it. Well, SIL can not refuse a dare and somehow I got mixed up in the whole affair. If it wasn't for DH and SIL, I would never have gone.

kariev- you are one sneaky person. Has your brother gotten you back somehow? I think I will do it one more time to see of the free fall feels different and to see if I can extend my arms more and not be "claw" woman.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.