I was so happy

Mariposa1973

Cathlete
I was so happy because I reach my goal 140lbs, but yesterday I went to the store and looking for a dress and I notice my body still need hard work for tone and firm skin but and the same time I said to myself I'm 41 years old and no more thig skin. My husband think I'm maniatic with exercises and healthy eating.It is normal those feelings. I'm no have a family support on that. Thank you for reading

I like to think of it this way :
Even if you never lose another pound or tone more than you already are, you are much fitter, healthier, and smaller than you used to be.

We are sometimes very critical our own bodies, finding fault where there is none.

It is normal to have moments where you want to change yourself more, but you should be staying in the "happy" place most of the time.

Be thrilled with the progress you have made. Do not stress about pushing yourself harder - that will be counter productive.

Continue with your healthy way of life - exercising, eating well, getting plenty of rest, taking care of your emotional state. You are who you are. Be proud of all you've accomplished.

Your body will continue to change very slowly over time.
Be happy.
Be healthy.
Be yourself.

I am guessing that, to others, you look absolutely amazing. :D

WAY TO GO!!! AWSOME !!!! Loosing that much weight took major discipline .

I think we can be to critical of our ourselves. I'm 44 and very fit but still look at my knees or elbows and think wrinkly elbows :( . Then after that thought I think wow I'm 44 with no b/p, cardio, bones or whatever problem that so many folks my age are already experience. I'm then look at my body differently. I can hike 10l miles with my teen sons at their speed. They don't have to keep it slow for the old women LOL. I lift 50lb bags of dog food. I love what my body can accomplish (along with giving birth to my grown babies :) Yes I'll be calling them my babies forever. We women need to stop with the photo shop ideas of what makes a healthy active lovely women.

You have accomplish wonders for your body. Its going to be a new normal and yes their may be skin issues but a lot of that is also just hitting middle age.

Now for your family I'm sorry they are not supportive. I'm lucky my dh have been together for 27 years and we both were working out when we meet and still going.

I don't know if you've been in a long relationship but if you have then there were habit that you both shared. These habit may of been around food. Now you've gone and made a major change. I think your partner may be a bit insecure or thinking this is a midlife crisis. I've seen several divorce after weight lose. I don't know the details of your relationship but if you are still wanting in then I hope he becomes supportive. It would be really great if you both shared a love for fitness

Keep Positive and when you look in the mirror or try on clothes keep telling yourself I'm fit and beautiful. :D

Then come on this forum and tell us how sexy and fabulous you are.

;) sorry wrote a book to much time this weekend with dh out of town

A thought which I always keep in mind (from girls gone strong, I think):

Exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it.

Well done getting so far on your journey. Xx

"Exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it."

Well said and so true!!!! I love it!!

Cafelattee thank you for your words and is true I'm more strong at my kids 22 and 18 years old, and I'm with my husband for ten years and we meet in the gym, all this years was no problem until now, sometimes I want to give up but I love my self to do something like that. Thank you every one for support me.

Exercise because you love your body, not because you hate it.

I second that. I exercise because I want to be able healthy 20, 30 and (hopefully) 40 years from now. I always said I wanted to be the cool old lady in the sports car that no one can tell how old I am.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.