I was hacked!

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Someone got into my hotmail account and sending emails out. Please, don't answer the emails. I am fine! Just try to figure out what to do?

Thanks Belinda

Another friend of mine had the same problem with his hotmail account. I think he contacted hotmail but I am not sure what the fix was. I think I received about 10 emails where someone hacked into his account.

I have no good advice. I am sorry this happened to you, Belinda!!!

Belinda, this happened to me too last weekend. All my contacts received emails that I was mugged and stuck in London. I really wish I knew the purpose of it. It also went one step further and the password on another email account of mine was changed and my ebay account was hacked and bids made. So you may want to check on that as well.

I also went through and changed my passwords on everything I could think of.

Hi again,

this is the email that is going around about me, saying I am on trip to London was messed up because I was robbed at gunpoint. :confused:

That person said they needed your help getting back home. I am at home, never been to London.

My friends in the states called my house, emailed my husband. I had no idea, what was going on.

My FB account has been jacked too. I canceld all my passwords. This is a pain in my neck! Anybody on FB or hotmail (I am no longer with hotmail!) don't respond. I am fine!

I know one thing I will change my password regulary from now on!

Linda, I can't believe this crap is happening to me! Thanks for letting me know about ebay. My kids changed that too.

Carola, my dh contacted hotmail. They laught at him, saying they couldn't do anything about it, wth? My kids changed my hotmail account, I guess I am with googlemail.com! I had that account for almost 10 years.

Thanks so much for all your concern!

(((HUGS))) Belinda

Amy, your sister is getting this email too! sorry about that:confused: I am fine. this email that's been going around! Please, be aware if you get emails like this!

Belinda

Subject: MY LIFE IS IN DANGER

Hello
This had to come in a hurry and it has left me in a devastating state.I'm in some terrible situation and I'm really going to need your urgent help.Some days ago,unannounced,I came to visit a resort center in Cardiff, South Glamorgan,United Kingdom...but I got mugged by some hoodlums and lost all my cash,credit cards,I'm financially stranded right now and my return flight leaves in few hours time but I need some money to clear some bills,I didn't bring my cellphone along since I did not get to roam them before coming over.So all I can do now is pay cash and get out of here quickly.I do not want to make a scene of this which is why I did not call my house,this is embarrassing enough.I was wondering if you could loan me some cash,will def refund it to you as soon as i arrive home just need to clear my Hotel bills and get the next plane home,As soon as we get home i will refund it immediately.Write me so I can let you know how to send it.
Thanks

Last edited:
That's happened to a couple of people in our neighborhood as well. Scary that Hotmail laughed and can't do anything about it??? You have got to be kidding!!

Hang in there!!

Pam

OMG!

I just got this email from you and was wondering if it was real or not! It scared me though. I'm glad I came over here and found your post! Glad you're okay and sorry this happened to you!!

C

I just got this email from you and was wondering if it was real or not! It scared me though. I'm glad I came over here and found your post! Glad you're okay and sorry this happened to you!!

C

Carolyn,
I am sorry, this scared you. I am so sorry, for everyone that got this email! This is so frustrating! They even sent it to IKEA:rolleyes: They sent this email to everyone on my account! My DH is in the states. Everyone contacted my husband asking if I am ok! I am not every happy with hotmail at all:mad:
I am so sorry for all of this!

Oh my. Someone got into my yahoo e-mail that I used for junk and sent junk e-mail out to my contacts, but I never heard of a case like yours. That is crazy.

Hey Belinda,

Here's the one that my contacts received:

Hello,

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,I came down here to London,England for a short vacation and i was mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where i lodged all cash,credit cards and cell were stolen off me.

I am even owing the hotel here,and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the hotel bills now am freaked out.So i have limited access to emails for now, please i need you to lend me some money so i can make arrangements and return back I am full of panic now,the police only asked me to write a statement about the incident and directed me to the embassy,i have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will return the money back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.i wasn't injured because I complied immediately.

I will be waiting to hear from you since i can't access the internet always

Hey Belinda,

Here's the one that my contacts received:

Hello,

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,I came down here to London,England for a short vacation and i was mugged at gun point last night at the park of the hotel where i lodged all cash,credit cards and cell were stolen off me.

I am even owing the hotel here,and the hotel manager won't let me leave until i settle the hotel bills now am freaked out.So i have limited access to emails for now, please i need you to lend me some money so i can make arrangements and return back I am full of panic now,the police only asked me to write a statement about the incident and directed me to the embassy,i have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively, I will return the money back to you as soon as i get home, I am so confused right now.i wasn't injured because I complied immediately.

I will be waiting to hear from you since i can't access the internet always

Linda, sounds simular to the one I got! This is crazy! I posted the letter, so others will not fall into this scams!

FB just suspended my FB account for security purposes:mad: WTH! They sent me a letter that someone hacked into my FB account.

This happened to my niece too....supposedly she and her husband were stranded on a cruise and needed money. :rolleyes: I knew instantly it wasn't her because of the way it was written, words and phrases used, etc.

The hackers are counting on people that know you marginally to send money. Any close friend would be able to tell it's not you.

When this happened, I changed all my passwords, using all the bells and whistles (upper and lower case, special characters, etc). But sometimes no matter how careful you are, **** happens.....like when somebody ordered acai berry with my credit card! :mad:

This happened to my niece too....supposedly she and her husband were stranded on a cruise and needed money. :rolleyes: I knew instantly it wasn't her because of the way it was written, words and phrases used, etc.

The hackers are counting on people that know you marginally to send money. Any close friend would be able to tell it's not you.

When this happened, I changed all my passwords, using all the bells and whistles (upper and lower case, special characters, etc). But sometimes no matter how careful you are, **** happens.....like when somebody ordered acai berry with my credit card! :mad:

What I don't understand is the one that was received by all of my friends, while asking for money it did not however provide instructions or an address where the money was suppose to go. So what was the purpose?

Linda, I don't get it either :eek: It makes no sense what so ever! When did you get your FB account back?

Govtgirl, my DD changed all my passwords right away. Put now FB disabled my new account too. I am not the one that is doing this.

Lastchance09, at least the hacker couldn't do to much damage!

BTW, my friends on facebook were getting instant messages on facebook, from 'me ' (trust me it wasn't me!) saying I were mugged and needed money! Be careful on FB, everyone! The hacker ask one of my friends to sent $500. When she ask about her DD's name, the hacker knew her DD's name:eek: When she ask him what gift I gave her when her DD was born, the hacker didn't knew that and got upset. She right away knew that was a scam! She then called my hause in the states (DH and I are stationed in Germany). I was sleeping when this all happend. DH (he is the states at the moment)called right away and told me someone hacked into all my accounts. A friend of mine here in Germany told me, the German news are warning people about facebook. She will sent me to report, I will post it here!

Belinda,

For me they didn't touch my FB account, just my ebay account. They were out having fun placing bids on things.

good luck

My email account has been seng out spam for about a month now. I have an IT guy trying to fix the problem, there are no viruses in my computer, it is clean as a whistle. I am now deleting my entire mailbox (as soon as I make a copy) & I hope that works. If that does not work, I take out my hammer & kill my computer. With my luck I will probably break my wrist

karen

Belinda,

This happened to our email (msn) two weeks ago. Soon after my FB account was disabled due to cyber-criminals and it took a week to prove to FB I was the "owner" of the account. FB was NOT good at emailing me back on what was going on etc...

We had to change passwords on everything we could think of. I was pretty scared of anything financial and am still keeping a close eye on that (just in case.)

Msn was good in helping us, but it took us a few days to realize the temp. password they emailed to us was also going to the hacker and they hacked our account again!!!!! :mad: We had to get Msn to give us a new password over the phone.

I have now picked really crazy passwords with all sorts of symbols, caps, and numbers and plan to change them often.

Best of luck to you :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.