I Want to Play 2 DVD'S...HOW?

momsenergy

Cathlete
Hi, I do alot of Cathe's videos and I love them all but sometimes I want to combine 2 dvd's. For example I want to do Step Combo #1, 2, 3, from Power Max and then immediately follow with a PreMix with weights from "Cardio & Weights" DVD. Right now I have to stop my dvd player (here my heart rate goes down) and remove the Power Max and insert the Cardio & Weights DVD. It takes alot of time and it is a real interruption for me. Is there a dvd player that I can buy where I can program it to play ABC from Power Max and then it immediately goes to DEF on Cardio & Weights without the interruption of stopping and inserting a different DVD. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Yolanda

I have often wondered this myself while I do my turbo jam dvds (I am totally new to Cathe and as of yet have not aquired any of her videos). Anyway, I have no idea if there is such a machine. I suppose if you could put a laptop next to your tv or home computer and have both ready to play, that might work, though it's a little cumbersome. I have often thought how cool it would be if we could pay extra to have a "personalized" dvd made for us after we order the original dvds. That's when having the capability to burn (for one's own use, not to infringe on any copyright laws)would come in handy:) In a perfect world:)

There are DVD players that play multiple disks and you can program them to play different portions of each disk. I believe Sony makes a good five disk changer.

Having a Sony 5-disc changer is the ONLY way to fly with Cathe. By now you should be able to get one for a C-note or maybe just a little higher. That's where the Mish-Moshes come from on this forum!

A-Jock

C note = $100

Mish mosh is a routine some of the Catheites have made up that use multiple portions of different DVD's.

Do a search for mish mosh - you will be overwhelmed from what I have seen. Never tried one, but sound like loads of fun :eek:

I love my 5 disc changer. It does have the capability to be programmed to play certain chapters on any of the discs but in reality I don't take the time to program it much any more. I just cue up each of the discs where I want them to start playing and just push 'disc skip' to go to the next segment. Nice thing is that the player 'remembers' where I stopped each disc so when I go from one to another I don't have any delays, i.e. heartrate doesn't have a chance to slow.

A couple years ago I found mine (Sony model DVP-NC665P) on eBay for $46. It was new and in the box when I got it, but even then it was no longer being made by Sony.

I also vote for the Sony 5 disc DVD player. Check around and I bet you can find one fairly cheap. I got mine last X-Mas and LOVE it...It is very easy to program or just go from disc to disc...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.