I think I'm in love....

pippa

Cathlete
with Coach Sean and Cardio Coach! I just finished my first one--Volume One--about an hour ago and it was amazing. The time just flew by and I felt really challenged and 'worked-out' by the end. And I just love, love, love that Sean doesn't feel the need to CONSTANTLY ramble and make inane comments. I mean, I liked my iTreads but I never knew what Grace was talking about when she was telling me to "wrap the treadmill.":7 I don't want to insult anyone who loves iTread so I'll just leave it with this: I think I am completely converted to Cardio Coach and I've only done it once! Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions!

Pippa

Welcome to the club. I'm glad you liked it. If you felt challenged with Volume 1, just wait until you get to 3 & 4! The great news is that the ones you got will really help you get results. Volume 4 kicks my butt every time. :)

Pippa,

I am an avid ITread user/fan and you have insulted me!

Just kidding!:7 ;) :p

I do LOVE ITread but everyone is entitled to their opinnions!:)

Congratulations on your CC christening! I knew you'd love it! I've never done an iTread so I have no idea what Grace is like, but Coach Sean has golden vocal chords:+ .

I agree with Tess -- Vol 4 is gonna kick your butt!

Oh Wendy...I knew I went too far....:)

I loved my iTreads too. I just felt like I didn't need all that constant talking. I'm sure plenty of people find it motivating and I really liked the workouts in and of themselves...I just thought that maybe she could not talk for just 1 second.:) :) However, I do still love my iStretches and iBallets...so I am not totally against Grace.

Pippa

Pippa,

Have you gotten your hands on PX90 yet? If you want a talker, check out Tony Horton! He talks so much that he even cracks on himself for not shutting up! :7 :7 :7 I actually prefer the jabber. It keeps my mind more occupied then just music alone so I'm not constantly staring at the numbers on the TM or thinking about how tired I am! It's one of the reasons I prefer doing the ITreads to just running to music. :)

A Catheite was nice enough to send me a free copy of a CC work out a while back due to some offer she got from them. I tried it and it was okay but I must admit that I personally prefer the ITreads. I prefer to work with the real numbers on the TM rather then "zones". I also was not exceptionally fond of the music in the CC work out. I know...I'm pretty much an oddball around here but that's okay! Everyone has always told me I am wierd! :p

Psssssssssst... Wendy...... I like the music better in the iTread workouts too. Coach Sean is great, but his music is a bit too world-beat for me.

>Thanks for posting Shelley! Atleast now I know I'm not a
>TOTAL oddball!:7

This only confirms your oddball standing -- ROTFLMAO!!!:p

I'm just the opposite -- I don't care for iTrain music (I occasionally use iClimbs and I'm like them, but I'm always happy to come home to Coach Sean):+

Wendy,

I tried to do P90X but, you guessed it....I couldn't stand all that constant chatter.:7 I think the problem for me with P90X was that you just keep doing the same DVDs over and over again. That's fine for the workout but by the second week I could say all of Tony's little chitchat with him and it drove me nuts!:) I tried to mute him and just follow the video but that was a little difficult and, ultimately, it made me not want to do the workouts. It's a shame too. I did the first three weeks and I was already starting to see results and my cardio stamina was amazing from doing PlyoX. I think this is just 'my thing.' I HATE mindless noise. Even when I watch TV I mute the commercials. I guess I'm just weird like that.:)

I know what you mean about the CC zones. That was a little difficult for me today, especially since I was used to Grace telling me what to do. I think I'll get the hang of it eventually. I did like the music on the iTreads--what little I could hear over Grace's talking :7 ....just kidding....:)

Pippa

>lol, how did i know this would be about coach sean and CC?
>glad you enjoyed it!`

I love him. I love him. I love him. Did I mention that I really liked this?:)

I love that Coach Sean recognizes he is there to guide us through the workout, but not to narrate every action to us. There is one workout after a particularly tough segment where he even says something like "you probably don't want me yapping in your ear right now."

I'm with you, Pippa! I adore Coach Sean!

I enjoyed iTread fine enough, but didn't like that the speeds at which I run are considered walking speeds to Grace. She doesn't seem to care or know that different people have different natural abilities and body mechanics - one person's walk is another person's sprint. And some of the comments she makes are a little "out there". And she keeps saying "heel-toe, heel-toe" which experts agree is the most inefficient and injury-inducing way to run. But aside from these minor annoyances, I did enjoy the iTread workout I've done.

But, my heart lies with Cardio Coach. He is so motivating, and has a great voice for doing MP3 workouts. And I LOVE the music. The incline buttons on my treadmill never got used until I met Coach Sean. It takes some serious motivation for me to voluntarily run uphill - Coach Sean is just the ticket. ;) :)

Help! Is Cardio Coach just for treadmills and machines? Can you use it walking outdoors?
Ellen

>Help! Is Cardio Coach just for treadmills and machines? Can
>you use it walking outdoors?
>Ellen

Hi Ellen,

It designed to be used with cardio equipment(stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical, etc), but on the CC website they say that people have been saying they are using them for running,walking, etc. outdoors. With a little planning I would think it would be relatively easy to use outside. The only problem may be that some of the challenges call for hills--but I guess it depends on where you live.:)

Thanks,Pippa. I walk outside alot and use an Ipod but would love any new challenges. METs fan ... do you live in the NY area? I do.
Ellen

sorry wendy but I have to pipe in and say that I did my first cc workout this morning (revised vol 2) and it was absolutely fantastic!!!! Coach Sean does a great job.

Teri

>sorry wendy but I have to pipe in and say that I did my first
>cc workout this morning (revised vol 2) and it was absolutely
>fantastic!!!! Coach Sean does a great job.
>
>Teri

LOL, Teri! That's okay. I'll forgive you! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.