I REFUSE TO QUIT

maymay

Hi it's me I'm back. I don’t have much to report this time. I mean I've kept up with the working out but I slipped on my watching what I eat. But I am not going to give up. I decided to keep a food diary so that I will know which foods are harming me. And also a workout log. I hoping this will help me see what I'm doing wrong. I did lose a couple more pounds but not like that first week. Right now I am at 194 lbs. And I've noticed that I have a lot more energy than before I started working out. Because before I would get out of work make dinner clean up around the house and by 6 p.m. I would be asleep not having any time to play with my son. But now I do all that plus a workout and spend time with my son it's greet! I also want to add I love Cathe's workouts. I don’t know what it is but she makes you want to go on even when you think that’s it I've had it I cant do anymore. She starts saying come on you can do it and that’s all it takes and I am going again. So I really want to thank Cathe for that. I will continue to give it my all cause I will be a success story. Thanks again for all your support I really to appreciate and need it. So thanks again.

Hi, Maymay! I am all over these forums, how'd I manage tho miss this one! I wanted to offer you a few words of encouragment! You can do this and you obviously know that! Good for you! There are a million reasons we can't say no to certain foods. Stress, boredom, hunger and hormones are only a few. I recommend demystifying food. It has no magical power but it can sure as heck make you feel bad and it shouldn't!

I declare that there are no forbidden or even bad foods and I am not being bad if I occasionally overindulge!

What I try to do is to eat more nutritious foods first then I know I am not hungry and can scratch that off my list. I eat protein and carbs and fat everytime I eat. Then I know my blood sugar will be stable and I will digest slowly so hunger stays at bay. Finally, when I eat something decadent, I take a small portion and I look at it, smell it and then I taste. I eat it slowly aware that it is an indulgence I don't want to have too often but that it is to nourish my senses and to give me pleasure and not guilt!

Don't get stressed about food. Eat to live and eat what you want. Keep working out and know that you have the right to eat well and can afford it too. Balance is the key! Good luck!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/nosmile/peacesign.gif
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/person/smilejap.gif

Thank you! I really appreciate your advice and inspiration. But I must confess that I have strayed from my course. My son got sick and I didn’t even think about what I was eating or exercise. And now that he seems to be doing better it hadn't even hit me that I forgot all about my plan. Honestly I did and all my weight is back I think haven't checked the scale yet but I am pretty sure it is. So thank you for reminding me. Oh my God if I hadn't read your email or post I'm sorry it would not have dawned on me what I was or wasn't doing. I know your probably wondering how something that important could slip my mind so easy. All I can say is that is how I got so out of shape in the first place. I woke up one morning and said oh my God what happened. And I really do not know what I am doing. I mean I know what to do its just so hard to get started. I am sorry to take you through my life story but I am glad for your support. Just please be patient with me my body is stubborn. I'll get it together I promise. Thanks again maymay

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.