I recieved a Circuit Step Platform for Christmas! Uh oh - it not the same as on the DVD!

Peripherie

Hi Cathe (sorry this is long),

I recently received a step platform as a Christmas present and with it I received the Cathe Basic Step DVD. This is the same "The Step Workout System" sold on FogdogSports (FogDog.com), one of the site links on the Cathe.com Buyer's Guide.

I began to follow along with the DVD and realized that the step platform seemed a great deal smaller than the platforms being used on the video. With much searching online, I realized that the "The Step Workout System" I received contained a Circuit Step, which is much smaller than the Original Step which is used in the Cathe workout videos.

On Cathe.com, on the Buyer's Guide page for Steps, Balls, and Mats (http://www.cathe.com/steps.htm), here is the site recommendation:

"Since Cathe does a lot of traveling on the step itself, it is recommended that you use a large step whenever working out to our videos. The step we use in our videos measures 44in (Length) x 16 in (wide) x 4in. (Height). "

Although the "The Step Workout System" was not sold or marketed from your site, I do not understand why the video was sold along with a product that is not recommended for those videos. I watched all the Safety Guidelines that came with the DVD and still often found myself stepping off the smaller platform because the more expansive moves shown on the DVD were not designed for the Circuit Step Platform.

Any suggestions on workout modification so I can still enjoy my wonderful gift to the fullest?

RE: I recieved a Circuit Step Platform for Christmas! U...

Hi Peripherie!
At first I thought "What are you talking about?" But then I watched the video clip to the workout that this gift provided and now I see what you mean. I would have two suggestions:

1) Buy the Original Health Club Step. Its about $57 or so at Walmart's website (the shipping is quite expensive though)

2) Buy Cathe's video called body fusion that features this step. You can watch the video clip on this website!

Hope this helps with your desicsion.

Thanks for the suggestions! The only larger Step platform I had seen was over $100! I will definately look at the Walmart Original Health Club Step.

I tried the Basic Step workout again today and had a much easeir time following along. I still don't like how small the platform is, but I think I will stick with it till after I pay off all those holiday bills.

Also, turns out that the DVD I have contains the Body Fusion workout, so I'm glad you told me that it uses the smaller platform.

My second day with step aerobics and I'm quite happy with the workout.
Thanks again for the suggestions!

If there is a Sports Chalet near you, check there first. They do sale a full size step. After paying the shipping for my step at wal-mart.com, it came out to be the same at Sports Chalet and you get basic step/cardio & Weights DVD. The $57 step does not come with a DVD.
I wished I checked out that store first before my purchase.:-(

I am happy that I now have a full size step.:)

Tia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.