I really want to cut my hair

So I gather from your post you have curly hair like me. I'm taking the plunge in July. I'm very nervous about it but I just turned 40 & I think I'm ready for something more streamlined, mature & professional. Every summer I get the urge b/c curly hair turns into a monstrosity when it gets humid & like you, I end up w/a ponytail from May through September.

I just need it long enough for a ponytail when I'm exercising, but it'll be nice to have something lower maintenance.

As far as your hubby goes, I doubt he'll love you any less b/c your hair is shorter. And yeah, it'll grow back if you, he, or both hate it.

I know he will love me no matter what I do to my hair, and he will be sweet and lie even if he hates it.

I keep thinking about those makeover shows where the girl wears her hair the same way day in and day out, with her ripped, stained mommy clothes, then she gets her hair cut and she looks so much better.

I guess I should just go for it. I doubt that the world will stop turning for a bad haircut, although it may feel like it during the growing out phase.

This was EXACTLY me for years, until finally about 3 months ago when I pulled the trigger and got it cut. I *LOVE* it, and have no idea why I waited so long!!!!! It's the best haircut I've had in my life - it looks SO much better than being in a ponytail all day long. I've gotten a TON of compliments.

It's also trivial to take care of - even when I "do" it, it takes no time at all.

I absolutely say go for it!

I am one of those weird people no matter how good my haircut is, I wind up with a ponytail, ponytails just really suit me, my DH loves my hair up the best too.
I say get a new cut, life is to short, and hair grows!

>So I gather from your post you have curly hair like me. I'm
>taking the plunge in July. I'm very nervous about it but I
>just turned 40 & I think I'm ready for something more
>streamlined, mature & professional. Every summer I get the
>urge b/c curly hair turns into a monstrosity when it gets
>humid & like you, I end up w/a ponytail from May through
>September.
>
>I just need it long enough for a ponytail when I'm exercising,
>but it'll be nice to have something lower maintenance.
>
>As far as your hubby goes, I doubt he'll love you any less b/c
>your hair is shorter. And yeah, it'll grow back if you, he,
>or both hate it.

Laura,

I thought I'd be lost without my ponytail for working out, but a few cute workout headbands (Goody makes sport-specific ones that do NOT budge, and you don't feel them at all - two things I require!), and I could care less now.

If it helps you pull the trigger at all, I've had a TON of people who've told me that my haircut makes me look MUCH younger (I just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago). I already looked well younger than my age, so this is REALLY cool. I even got carded recently. :)

I LOVE my haircut. Short hair is so much fun - I really had no idea.

Cut it! I bet both you and your husband will be pleasantly surprised. Personally I find shorter hair looks better on most people.

My boyfriend was iffy about my hair massacre but now he doesn't want me going back to the longer look.

Your cut will certainly not be an awful one, but if it doesn't suit your fancy, like everyone said, it will grow back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.