I owe a thank you to....

lindsey

Cathlete
ALL OF YOU!

I am fairly new to Cathe videos - I have been doing them about 3-4 months. I love it - but its still exercise. I am working hard to change my negative attitude about working out into a positive one, but that whole "exercise is evil" sometimes creeps back in and I lose all motivation to pop in a video and work up a sweat that day.

Today I was having one of those days. I sat down and checked out the forums and within 10 minutes I regained my motivation after reading about all your successes and dedication and just proudly finished Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps. I FEEL GREAT!

So thank you! Its great to know I have somewhere that I can come and get the positive exercise vibe.

Glad you're getting a positive vibe, Lindsey! Keep up the good work!
You know what's motivating me lately? I watch the YouTube clip from the homepage for STS. Motivates me every time!

Oh geez, well we all try to motivate each other! ;)

So which Cathe workouts do you have? I LOVE her strength training workouts! Right now the 4DS is my favorite.

I was wondering -- if I had to part with one of my Cathe strength workouts, which one would it be? The answer -- you'd have to pry ANY of them from my cold dead hands! I love them all. :D

I agree ~ the vibe here is very beneficial. I've even found myself on here in the wee hours of the morning right before my workout, just to get a little shot of inspiration.

Plus you can't beat the Search function for info. I swear I spend more time searching threads...

>Oh geez, well we all try to motivate each other! ;)
>
>So which Cathe workouts do you have? I LOVE her strength
>training workouts! Right now the 4DS is my favorite.
>
>I was wondering -- if I had to part with one of my Cathe
>strength workouts, which one would it be? The answer -- you'd
>have to pry ANY of them from my cold dead hands! I love them
>all. :D

I have some of the more basic step ones - Basic Step, Body Fusion, Cardio & Weights. I just purchased the two GS upper body videos and I LOVE those. They are wonderful. I think my next purchase will be the 4DS. (I love step, but it bothers my knee so I only do it 1-2 times a week.)

Your comment about prying them from your cold dead hands made me laugh...cause I feel the SAME way.

Lindsey, you can't go wrong with the 4DS! I LOVE this one!! I have to confess that I don't do the cardio portions because, well, I can't http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/2.gif . I used to be so upset with myself for my ineptitude with choreography, but I finally learned to let go of it and accept my limitations. I have found other forms of cardio that I can do and I've actually learned to love it. For me, machines are the way to go so I bought an elliptical. I still feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of the 4DS even though I don't use the cardio segments. ;-)

Lindsey:

Remember this: The first 5-10 minutes of a workout are the toughest when you don't feel like working out. But once you make it through those 5-10 minutes, you'll find your motivation returning and the rest of the workout won't be so hard.

Also, make sure you're taking a week off every once in a while. Sometimes you'll get "burned out", which is natural. Lack of motivation can be a sign of burnout. Take a week or so off, maybe change up your workout schedule, and you'll regain your motivation and be ready to get back to it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.