I need some more Cathe DVDs-help!

skayh

I am fairly uncoordinated and have a hard time learning routines. I am trying to decide on a new Cathe cardio DVD and would welcome any help. I have Basic Step, Low Impact Step, and HIIT for cardio. Any suggestions for either a step dvd that is fairly easy to learn or a favorite circuit workout?

Hi,

I just saw your thread. If I can offer my humble opinion I'd recommend Low Impact Circuit, Circuit Max/Cardio Kicks, and CTX there is a ton of variety and are all good and you can choose to do different areas in the chapters on all of them for a shorter workout for example in CTX. There are premixes that are great in Low impact Circuit and the music is great as with all of Cathe's dvds. I know there are no premixes on Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks or CTX those are older but still a gem of a workout but they are before premixes. I recommened a few for you with a variety because I don't know what your preferences are. If I were new to cathe and wanted to add to the collection and money and max variety for the dollar I'd go with CTX which is super reasonable now, I think its like $30 off from the original price of I think $80 but that's only from cathe.com, so I'd get it there. Also don't be worried about Cathe's older workouts not being as effective, trust me Cathe's workouts are always effective and timeless the instruction is rock solid and so is the technique, you can't go wrong with any of her workouts. I would also recommend Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks they are on one dvd together. Circuit workouts are fun and I love kickboxing myself. I'm a huge fan of variety and I own the dvds I recommended. I also would direct you to view the video clips from Cathe's website as hers are longer there then anywhere else and give you a good feel for what the workouts are like and tells you what equipment you'll need and premixes. I'd say most important is to know what kind of workouts you enjoy, your time commitment, and equipment you have available, and what health considerations if any you'd need to take into consideration, and last but not least what are your fitness goals. Exercise can be fun if you do what you have fun doing and if need be make the workout work for you if you need to modify. Just have fun and be consistant, that's the key to exercise!

Hugs!

Nora

Last edited:
Low Impact Circuit is the express lane to Cathedom!

Use the step premix for an easy to learn & fun step,
Use the total body premix for a great total body workout,

Use the whole thing & get ready to sweat!

The music is Super!...:eek:

Linda

My 2 cents

I've started with Cathe DVDs at the end of 2009 and I was fairly uncoordinated too. I've started with the Step Blast, it took me one month to learn the choreography, one entire month trying every day. At the end, I did and I was really proud. After that, I've bought the Low Max and the Imax 3 and it was pretty easy to learn them. Now, I'm even training with the Step Moves DVD and I succeed to learn it in only three times.

So, basing on my personal experience, I would suggest - if you want to improve your coordination - to try to learn some choreography, like the one of Step Blast and then to try something more difficult, like the Step Moves; if you prefer, instead, to concentrate on high intensity cardio and avoid too much choreography, I would suggest the Imax 3: combos are very short and blast are really hard and do not demand any choreography.

Anna

Thank you for all of the great suggestions! I am not a big cardio person (shame on me!) so I'm trying to work on it. I'll run and bike, but I don't know that I reach the intensity level I should. So now I'm trying to be better about that and think the Step DVDs and HIIT workouts (and kettlebells!) are going to help me out a lot.

I think from the suggestions I am going to try Step Blast and Low Impact Circuit. I watched IMAX 2 on Fit TV the other day and though "no way I will ever learn all that!" I loathe the mambo cha cha move and any move that takes me over the top of the step so I can't see the TV. :)

Have you tried Cardio Coach? That would get you up into your intensity levels on running, walking, biking even swimming and it doesn't require choreo.

Hi! have you looked at drill max? lots of fun and premixes. and even though its super hard i found that bodymax 2 was the easiest step dvd for me to learn and its has wieghts and abs in it to and lost of premixes :p good luck

I vote for Body Max 2! :p

I started with Basic Step, tried Atheltic Step with some success and then did Body Max 2 and was hooked! I think it is a combination of the great music, cute outfits, and Cathe's incredible cuing.

I also like Drill Max. It has two small step routines but the other cardio portions are agility type cardio.

4 Day Split Bootcamp is also super fun for cardio!

I agree with all of the above, one day I'll Body Max 2 in full but just don't have the time right now. All the ones mentioned are really good options to have, lots of variety :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.