I need help!

randidiane

Cathlete
I had to put my 12 year chocolate English Lab down, due to a ruptured mass in her stomach, almost a month ago:( I am still grieving of course! She was my very first dog and that was definatly the HARDEST thing to do in my ENTIRE LIFE! Her picture is in my picture trail. I told myself that it would be a very long time before I get another lab. But now there is a piece of my heart missing because I don't have my best friend with me:( I know I could never compare another dog to her but I need that same company!
Does anyone know of a very good breeder that is in Missouri that only does English Labs?
Thank you for your help
Randi

I don't know any breeders in your area, as I am in Illinois, but I just wanted to send you big hugs for the loss of your friend!!

Nan

{{{{{Randi}}}}}

I don't have any breeder info, but I wanted to give you my deepest sympathies on losing your Lab. I know how you feel.

When we lost our dogs a few years, we knew right away that we had to have another as soon as possible. Not as a replacement for any, but just that we are people who are meant to have dogs in our life.

Hey Randi--

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. That is one of the hardest things a person can go through.

I just wanted to recommend that you check out resuce agencies for a new dog if you decide to get one. There are so many beautiful, (and pure bread!!) dogs out there just dying to give someone like you the love and company you're looking for.

Both my sister, exSO, and other friends and family members have had AWESOME luck finding dogs on petfinder.com. Even if the dog is far away there are a lot of shelters that will ship the dog to you (or try their hardest to get it closER to you...)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

((((hugs)))) Just wanted to sympathize, I lost my little best friend a few months ago after 16 years. I feel empty, like there's a hole in my heart, too. I recommend petfinder.com also. I think I'm ready for some happiness again, and they have awesome postings for animals from shelters and rescues (if you want to go that route).

I also sympathize with you! I went through the same thing a year ago when I lost my 2 dogs, and I thought I wanted a "break" for a while... Well, I really missed having a dog around I had another within a month, and a second 3 months later!

I agree with the posters who recommend a shelter/rescue- I have had AWESOME dogs come into my life this way. There are so many great dogs that people no longer want for whatever reason- all they need is a for someone to give them a chance so they can share their love with people.

Awww poor Randi. I know so many of us here can relate. You will never stop missing her. It'll get easier but she'll always be a part of you.

I think a rescue pup is a great idea. That way you can get a different breed so you won't feel like you're "replacing" your best friend, but you'll still have the companionship only a dog can give. And let me tell you, I've had 4 dogs in my life. Two have been purebreds & two have been mutts. I loved them all the same, but the mutts definitely loved me more than the pedigreeds. It's almost as if they know you've saved them.

Randi, so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. It's so hard to say goodbye.

I agree with the rescue dog suggestions. We just got a rescue dog a couple of weeks ago, a jack russell mix. He is so great and we are so happy to have gotten him. His name, appropriately enough, is Lucky.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/2652824799_f7b51f1e7b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3091/2653664604_67af474a2a.jpg

Rescue organizations often have purebred dogs as well as mixed breeds. The big puppy mill raid in Tennessee has resulted in a lot of purebreds looking for homes.

Good luck!

Hi again Randi,

I'm also a big fan of rescue (Rascal was adopted from a rescue) and petfinder, but also totally understand the desire for a particular breed(s).

Here's a link to some Labrador Retriever clubs in Missouri and surrounding area. They can put you in touch with reputable breeders as well as regional rescues.

http://ssllrc.com/
http://www.smlrc.org/index.html

Hope this helps.

I am so sorry, Randi. We just lost our border collie to cancer. He was only a year old. We will always miss him. He was such a wonderful dog, that we knew we wanted another border collie. We just got two border collie pups. The kids are having a ball with them. It does help the sadness.

There is a wonderful Labrador kennel in Oxford, MS. Wildrose Kennels. He trains them too. The Ducks Unlimited dog is his dog, and he does a training tv show (for Ducks Unlimited, I think.) Here's the website, www.uklabs.com

Dogs are so wonderful. The best ones let you know how much you need one in your life.

Sandra

with over SIX MILLION animals being killed in us shelters every year, to me, the only option is a rescue dog. also, with the recession, all of the rescue groups (mine included) are seeing an influx of dogs and cats (many purebreeds) that are being turned in because the owners can't afford them any longer (personally, i'd live in my car as long as my pups could be with me). owner turn ins to shelters are among the first to be killed because there is no chance that they are strays and someone is looking for them.

please seriously consider rescue. you are not only gaining a friend for life, but saving a life as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.