I miss Cathe!

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Does anyone haul their laptop and dvds to the gym? Well, I will starting tomorrow. I purchased some workouts and downloaded them to my laptop, but I cant get them moved to my ipad. It's so frustrating. I have lots of older Cathe workouts that I still love and are effective for me.

My schedule forces me to work out at the gym and I've been so frustrated with the equipment, video selection and my time restraints. So, I decided I will just bring my laptop and do my thang in one of the cardio rooms that has light weights. When I need heavier weights, I will have to do that on my own in the weight room or haul a few heavies into the room I'm using. I just miss my cathe workouts. She's the absolute best.

Same same same, girl! Starting this exact scheme on Saturday. I’m going to get some funny looks in the weight room but I don’t care. You do you, I do me. Cathe is the gold standard.

You should see the other workout dvds ondemand in the gym. They are ridiculous. However they do have a few Cathe workouts on demand, and I've been doing them off and on for 3 years, but I miss 'all' the other ones. As a matter of fact, I may just bring laptop into the weight room when it's time for weight work. I want to watch the dvd for form and correct rep count which I struggle with on my own.

I wonder if I can Bluetooth the laptop..........

Let me know how your workouts go.

Ha!

We don’t have any TVs that do dvds or streaming or anything like that at my gym. It’s all HGTV and CNN. (I guess Chip and Jojo on Fixer Upper is good for cardio? :D)

We have WiFi at the gym so I plan on just taking my iPad in with my iPad stand (so I can see the screen). I plan on doing the GymStyle series On Demand on MWF (a different concentration each time) with a Muscle Max thrown in every other Saturday. This has to be done in the weight room. I’ll just do my warm up over by the climbing wall. No one is ever over there. (I’ve put walking with my Golden Retriever in on the alternate Saturdays. About two or three miles.)

Tuesday’s are LowMax and Basic Step every other week (I’m an old-schooler) and some lap swimming on Thursday. These will be the shorter premixes. In order to build muscle (and not burn out) I’m planning on keeping the cardio under 40 minutes (for now). I can do step at home in the basement. The pool is just cardio and mental health. I love the water.

I’m coming back from a pretty long hiatus. So this course seems the wisest. There’s a few bros in the weights area who might raise an eyebrow, but whatever. I’m lapping everyone on the couch!

UPDATE: Been doing the GymStyle series (weight training) videos for almost a week now. It’s running perfectly smooth. Best idea I’ve ever had.

One thing I am doing extra:
I preview the workout and jot down the exercise chapter names and the weight Cathe used, the weight I use, and my assessment of how well/how many reps I accomplished. That has helped me track weight adjustments and data for the next time I do the same workout. :thumbsup:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.