I LOVE P90X!!!

Michele S

Cathlete
After being so hesitant to order this series, and then finally caving after reading all the info on here, I just have to say how much I am enjoying these workouts! I'm only on Day 3, but I find myself anxious to do the next day's work, even though I know it's gonna kick my butt! Everything is a killer, but it's such a great feeling. I find Tony a little annoying, but I'm getting used to him now...he reminds me of Jeff Probst from Survivor, kinda sorta! I like the constant encouragement to work at your pace and also how he asks everyone how many reps they're doing before each set. I also LOVE the bar graph for the time (HINT, HINT, CATHE!) and the countdown for each exercise...especially for the plyo's. It gave me the incentive to keep going.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing all your experiences and for the great feedback! This is an excellent series!!!:)

Welcome to the ranks of P90Xers!
I'm glad you're enjoying the series. I'm almost done with my first rotation, and I'll miss it! I'm not sure what I'll do next, but I'm tempted to just keep on with P90X (or do the lean rotation instead).

I've never really found Tony to be as annoying as some people do. I like his humor, even when he's extra goofy. I never thought of him being like Jeff Probst, but you're right!

I love the workouts too. It seems like Tony has a bit of an ego, but at the same time it's like he can make light of things, and sometimes even himself. The girs in the video don't have as cute outfits as Cathe's crew, they probably dress more similar to what I'd be wearing at home but they are in good shape. Anyway I love the workouts too!!!

So glad you joined the rest of us P90Xers! I am on my 8th week and I still look forward to each workout. Tony doesn't bug me at all...I find myself laughing at him over and over like the silly jokes my DH tells...:)...Keep Bringing It!!!...isn't AbRipperX a killer....:D ....Carole

I love this series too and Tony can be annoying but not enough for me to hate him! I was laughing out loud at the end of Plyo X when he is counting like a crazy man! I don't know why that one cracks me up. I'm on week 3 already!:)

RE: Well I ordered it!

I finally took the plunge, ordered it yesterday. I can't wait! Thanks everyone for your help!
Jackie

hey Carole!

oh, my...AbRipperX is unbelievable. The crazy thing is, they're not complicated moves, but after doing just a few, I'm whipped! I also LOVE that it's already at the end of the workouts so you're not spending time changing DVDs. I'm really surprised at how well-organized this series is. Don't know why, but it's probably because all I've done is Cathe for many years and am used to the way SNM does their thing.

While I know Cathe won't come out with the nutrional aspect like P90X has, I'm really hoping that she'll do the workout part. The workbook is excellent! I also like the DVD holder and having everything in one place.

WOW...do I sound like a happy customer?!?

RE: Well I ordered it!

I had to break down and order P90X after reading all the posts. I just ordered yesterday. I can't wait to get it, I hope it will keep my busy while I wait for Cathe's new workouts.

JoJo

RE: hey Carole!

I also caved after reading all the rave reviews. I just got my confirmation that are mailing it out which I hear takes some time.
I am excited after reading everything. I just hope I can stick to the rotations!

RE: hey Carole!

P90X is definitely the best fitness series on the market today. I have always loved Tony's sense of humor, so he has never bugged me. Tony really does have many facets to his personality and this is what I really admire about him.

Hi Michele! Come join us over at Beachbody in the Community Center boards. There's a P90X forum. Also go check out the P90X Photo Gallery! These people really BROUGHT IT & now their all into Round 2!!! Good luck you won't be disappointed. Kathy:D

The great thing about P90X is although you know the next day is probably going to push hard you look forward to that. I mean you may be sore but you know your getting results because you can really feel it. I'm very happy I ordered the set. Actually, Tony is kind of cute. Who is that gir Drea, I can't spell her name, she's in killer bod shape.

I've been reading all these posts also and might cave. Before though, I'd like a little info about the workouts, mainly how long are they. Can anyone give the rest of us the breakdown of the Power90X, Slim Series, Slim in Six?

Thanks,
Barb

RE: anyone.....

They are all around 1 hour long, except for Ab Ripper (15 minutes) and Yoga X (90 minutes).

Another X Lover here!! I was worried that Tony would annoy me, but he doesn't. His arms are incredible...I could stare at them all day! ;) I haven't been following the rotations. I made up my own so I could incorporate Cathe, but I must say that I can definitely see improvements in my strength and muscle tone with these workouts.

Checking in to say I also LUV P90X. AB RipperX - OMG I thought I had a strong core but I'm struggling.

And PlyoX - all I can say is THIS IS WHAT I've been MISSING, jump training - what a challenge. I just did it again last night and I want MORE.

And the pull-ups, I refuse to use a chair - wow they are hard.

I'm not doing any rotation, just grab what I feel like that day. I'm so glad I ordered these, they are taking me to a level at age 42 that I never knew before.

Hello everyone,

I did some P90X this morning - Chest & Back followed by Ab Ripper X. I almost died! I don't follow any specific rotation either. I still love to do Cathe's workouts and have been doing a lot of Slow & Heavy workouts for the last few weeks. Then last week I decided to change it up (because I was burning out on it) and did Pyramids. And boy, was that a challenge! So this week will be P90X for me. May God help me! :)

Sanchia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.