I LOVE Old Navy!

LauraMax

Cathlete
Ever since I lost 30 lbs about 4 years ago & refused to have all my suits replaced since my current job is much more casual than my last one. I went from a size 10 (that's an old fashioned size 10, it's probably a size 6-8 in today's sizing) to a size zero.

I tried tailoring a few of the suits & it was pretty comical--the front pockets ended up on my rear end, the seaming was all kinds of messed up. And the tailoring wasn't cheap either, especially for the lined stuff.

So I settled on what I think is a clean, professional look that's inexpensive. Basically button down shirts & slacks (turtlenecks in the winter). I just spent about $200 at Old Navy & ended up w/3 pair of pants, 3 short sleeved button down shirts, & 3 short sleeved sweaters. I'm thinking this is it for my spring work wardrobe. ;-) Where else can you buy an entire seasonal work wardrobe for about $200?

Now on my gym clothes & "going out" clothes I'll spend a fortune. But work clothes? No way! :7

funny to read this. i worked for and helped open the very first old navy store in colma california. cindy crawford came to celebrate the opening. old navy has come a really long way. when it first opened the clothing was disposable and the quality just horrible. now the clothing quality is almost as good as their gap stores and even at times comes from the same factory. i buy all my kids clothes there if you can believe it is sometimes even cheaper than target.

I love Old Navy too. I never get out of the store without spending $$$$$$$$$. They carry my size, 4-6, which makes me very happy because I'm tired of shopping at stores that never have anything less than a 10.

Yep -- just stocked up on capri pants, tank tops...

They have workout clothes too, although I have not purchased any. But I'm all over the PJ's :)

I also lived at Old Navy when I was pregnant. Very cute and cheap maternity clothes.

Charlene

Hi LauraMax!

Wow, yea I too love Old Navy..I get the whole family dressed there for under $800. Literally, this is what I spent this past year there for the four of us.

On a different note. You mentioned that you lost 30 lbs 4 yrs. ago. If I am not mistaken, did you lose it on a low carb diet? If so, how few carbs were you allowed on your diet back then and how many and what types of carbs do you allow yourself now? I know from your posts that you are VERY active. Do you watch your caloric intake as well? I hope this isn't too personal. You look amazing!

Thanks, deb:)

Yeah, I did very strict Atkins. I did the induction phase (>20 carbs a day) for 8 weeks & lost 30 lbs.

Now I'm on modified low carb. I stick w/>100 carbs a day on weekdays, mostly complex carbs but I must confess to the occasional bag of Butterfingers (what is it about Butterfingers? You can't eat just one!). On weekends I pretty much eat what I want. Don't pay attention to calories at all, ever.

Thanks for the compliment, you're very sweet! :)

Whoa! Let me get this straight...you worked out on 20 carbs a day for 8 weeks?!? How did you feel? 100 carbs a day is manageable especially if the carbs are the BEST kind..and we all know what they are. I did this myslef. However, I need to lose a good 20 lbs. by the end of the summer. Would you recommend Atkins to do this? Thanks~dmd

Yep. I definitely had energy loss the first 2 weeks or so, but my body & metabolism did adjust & my energy level returned to normal pretty quickly.

You could lose 20 lbs before summer even starts if you do Atkins & stick to it. ;-)

I do, too!! For my babies' clothes...I can buy so much much stuff for so cheap! And, at the rate they are growing, it doesn't bother me to have to get rid of the clothes because they were so cheap to start! And, their graphic tee's I LOVE THEM!

Another Old Navy fan here! Just curious if you've tried their yoga pants or sports bras? I love them! And their kids clothes are great too!

Wow, do I dare? Maybe I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. You are living proof that a metabolism WILL SURVIVE major CARB DEFICIT. I guess as long as calorie are not too low energy will be up. Am I correct? deb

Not their sport bras, but I do have 2 pair of their yoga pants that I bought for $12 about 6 years ago & am still wearing to the gym. The quality is great for the price.

I love their yoga pants & yoga capris too, I have 3 pairs that I've had for a couple yrs now. They fit great & wash up well!

I really like most things except their jeans. For whatever reason, their stretchy material always streches out too much for me and my pants fall down...that & I have no butt, probably from weight loss.

Debbie

"Today I'll teach you to recognize when you're boring. This is called a yawn. When you see one, stop talking about yourself."
- Dogbert, Social Obliviousness 101

I like them too. We have an outlet store by us and I got all of my family, 3 of us, clothes there for the summer, and only spent about $180! Not kidding. But like I said it's an outlet store, so it's probably last years styles. I don't mind though, I'm not that much of a slave to fashion.

Kathy

I love Old Navy too and I also won't spend a lot for office clothes. I'm curious now to try these yoga pants...probably one of the few things there I've never tried.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.