I love my job!!

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
I just had to take a minute to say "I LOVE MY JOB!!" I run a family daycare out of my home, during the summer months I usually have school age kids so we are able to do more field trips & such. Today we played croquet then after lunch they all brought their bikes & we went for a bike ride. I get paid to play!! How awesome is that! :D

That's wonderful! For the parents of the children that you watch - I say thank you. You sound just like my childcare provider... she loves her job too. People like you are a diamond in the rough that so few of us have found!

How wonderful! I am so jealous! I really, really, really do not like my job. :( I am happy for people who can say that they love theirs.

wow how awesome! thank you for providing a much-needed service, and enjoying it!

btw, i love my job too. i work for a large social service agency. we help 37,000 individuals and families living in poverty every year. i get paid to help people and change lives for good. i love it.

Amazing! I can't count how many jobs I've had and have never loved a single one of them! Either they end up getting boring, or it becomes impossible to deal with, or redundant (I guess that's the same as boring) and I can't take it anymore! I have never worked anywhere for more than 5 years continuously. I hate boredom and monotony and just have not found my niche yet!

Lucky you! I think it is rare to find someone in love with their work like you are and you deal with children all day! You are truly a strong, patient, dedicated woman!

Tricia

That's wonderful! For the parents of the children that you watch - I say thank you. You sound just like my childcare provider... she loves her job too. People like you are a diamond in the rough that so few of us have found!

She also took the words right out of my mouth. Except for the part about her childcare provider since mine are home with me. I'm good with my own kids, but can't handle those that are not mine.

Hah! I just realized I LOVE my job! Too bad I don't get paid anything more than room and board, plus a little spending money.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.