I LOVE cottage cheese & fresh fruit

Boybert

Cathlete
Talk about an energizing & clean snack. I could just eat this stuff forever. I think my body craves protein now that I am incorporating it back in with a healthy balance. I love it with fresh strawberries or blueberries. YUM. Okay, random comment over. Carry on....:p

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Debbie

What a coincidence! I was just finishing up a snack of cottage cheese and fresh blueberries! It was very yummy! Now, If I could just take back the two peppermints that I snatched from a cubemate's candy bowl! Hmmmmmm

have a good day,

Sandra S.

Wow, I never think of having cottage cheese and fruit. What a great idea. I am hooked on the Kashi Go lean Crunch, Yum. There is quite a bit of sugar in it, that is probably why I love it so much. I am definitely going to get me some cottage cheese.

Susan

It is really good with strawberry jelly mixed in too! I use this to get rid of a sweet tooth if I have one and I still want to be "good!"

webbgirl

Hey Susan...try Kashi go lean as a little crunchy topping for cottage cheese and fruit. That way you don't eat to much and it is soooo yummy sprinkled on top. I love it on my yogurt too.

I haven't done it with fresh fruit as I'm too lazy to cut it all up :p but I buy bags of frozen berries put out by Dole and defrost them and throw them in cottage cheese. It's AWESOME! :9 :9 :9

My latest fave concoction with cottage cheese is mixing it with unstweetened applesauce, cinnamon, and a little splenda. Yum!

Another thing I do with cottage cheese is mix in a little sugar free orange jello, a drop of coconut extract, and pineapple bits (or banana - depending on what I have on hand). It tastes like the ambrosia salad people make for parties.

Cottage cheese is like the perfect food isn't it? Protein, dairy, a little calcium and it tastes good too. I eat it every day and don't think I'll ever get tired of it. I'll have to try mixing in strawberry jelly like someone else said. That sounds good too.

My favorite is blueberries and cottage cheese and sometimes a little bit of Splenda. (though the Splenda is not necessary). CC & Nectarines is a close second!:9

I love to eat cottage cheese w/ grapes as well!!

will have to try all these other ideas! yum!!:)

take care:)
gloria

I love this too! I love it with fresh raspberries. My DD likes it too.

I will have to try some of the other things too! I've only tried blueberries and raspberries.

One of my favorite combinations is to mix cottage cheese, chopped apples, raisins and a little cinnamon together and eat it in a whole wheat pita. Sometimes a little messy but it is great.

Someone mentioned stirring strawberry jelly into it... I also like to use strawberries with a little dry strawberry sugar-free jello stirred in with it.

I have never tried it with grapes before, but I will for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for all the ideas.

OOh ooh ooh (Horseshack over here--giggle). I do this everyday. It's my daily staple. I do sliced bananas, strawberries, grapes, and blueberries and top it with 3 tablespoons of fat free cottage cheese (can't tell the difference between fat free or low fat). I am in absolute eyes rolling back heaven. It's great isn't it????

Tanya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.