I know it has only been a little while but...

ripley33

Cathlete
I have decided to get another puppy. My pug, Lilly, has been super depressed since her big sister went to rainbow bridge on Christmas day. Lilly is only 3.5 and is so used to having a companion running around with her. She's been sleeping a lot and not near as frisky as she was before. I think it will be great for her and for the kids. I am getting excited as the puppy is coming on Monday night. Thought I would post a picture of her (we haven't picked a name yet, any ideas?)

Laura

Attachments

• perfect puggy.jpg
    perfect puggy.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 60
Oh, congrats on the new addition to your family!! :) I have two male pugs- Luke and Tony. They are such little mosters!!

Awww! What a cutie!

It may seem soon, but I don't think it's premature at all.
The new puppy isn't taking your other dog's place in your hearts, just taking advantage of the space you now have to fill in the family, and making her own place in your hearts.

Names? I always think it's best to get to know the personality, and the name will come to you.

Awwww! Adorable! There are few things in this world as cute as a pug puppy! I have one pug, Frankie, he is 6 years old.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but hope that your new baby will fit in well with your family!

Awwww, how adorable! Congrats Laura!
Post more pictures when your new family member arrives. :)

She is adorable!!

Simone, Isabel, Penny, Tasha.

I suggest you have a list of names you like, but don't decide until you go pick her up. You will know then which one fits her.

Annie

She is adorable!!

Simone, Isabel, Penny, Tasha.

I suggest you have a list of names you like, but don't decide until you go pick her up. You will know then which one fits her.

Annie

Oh, I like Isabel. Will have to run that by the 3 men in the family. We had thought maybe Tulip to go with our other flower name, Lilly. But we know that names might not suit until we see the face up close. Lilly actually had the name Lilo from "Lilo and Stitch" until we saw her and knew not it for sure when we had her in our arms.

Cynthia...

We were actually thinking and leaning towards a Boxer pup after reading your posts about Mercedes. I even actually went so far as to sending replys to ads in Kijiji in Canada. The reason we didn't is because we didn't want to upset Lilly in the least and she gets a bit nervous around frisky big dogs. So we figured a bigger pup than our pug might upset her. I just wanted to say that I hope you are doing okay and that I think about you and your baby often...

Laura

We were actually thinking and leaning towards a Boxer pup after reading your posts about Mercedes. I even actually went so far as to sending replys to ads in Kijiji in Canada. The reason we didn't is because we didn't want to upset Lilly in the least and she gets a bit nervous around frisky big dogs. So we figured a bigger pup than our pug might upset her. I just wanted to say that I hope you are doing okay and that I think about you and your baby often...

Laura

Awww, thank you.:) I'm hanging in there, but still feel the need for a good cry everyday. I miss her so bad and wish I could have her back healthy.
DH and I have been talking about another boxer in our future. At first I said no, but DH thinks that is a mistake.
Maximus seems fine as long as he has me to hang around. I heard about other pets grieving too much. I had a boxer friend whose male was grieving so bad he wouldn't eat.
Maximus is eating normally, playful(for 8 years old), doesn't seem depressed. He gets really upset when I cry though.
I've been communicating with a boxer breeder about a future breeding(April/May), but just talking. :)

how cute...we were also considering another dog after the passing of our dachshund, as fate would have it though, we had another issue to deal with, and decided against it, our little terrier was sad at first, wouldn't eat then when he did, we gave him too many treats....after a few months, back to normal, it's his time now...(I think he pines still sometimes)

Did always seem to know their names before I even picked them up, even for the one we looked at recently (we didn't get him though), HimSumToo, because when we feed the one dog, we'll give HimSumToo:) nickname "Sparky"

take care
Linda:D

Your new baby is really adorable Laura! How about the name Lucy? Lilly and Lucy..that sounds cute! :) Can't wait to see more pics!

Your new baby is really adorable Laura! How about the name Lucy? Lilly and Lucy..that sounds cute! :) Can't wait to see more pics!

That's funny because our dog that we had to put down at Christmas was named Lucy and they did go well together but you can see why I wouldn't want to name her that :(. Two more sleeps!

That's funny because our dog that we had to put down at Christmas was named Lucy and they did go well together but you can see why I wouldn't want to name her that :(. Two more sleeps!

Sorry Laura! :eek: I can completely understand and I'm sorry if I caused you any more sadness! You'll find the perfect name for her when she gets to your house and her true personality comes to life! :)

What a cutie! I just want to snuggle her! :)

I like "Rosie" or for the flower theme. And "Lulu" for the "L" theme.

So we got our precious little bundle last night and named her Bella. Just wanted to post a picture of her cuz she is adorable and a bundle of energy. Lilly isn't quite sure what to make of her and is keeping her distance right now but we are giving her extra kisses so her nose isn't out of joint lol.

Laura

Attachments

• 2010_01192008fall0035.jpg
    2010_01192008fall0035.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 14

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.