I just got dumped!

Loopy Lou

Cathlete
I'm feeling so sorry for myself that even Rhythmic step couldn't help me!!! What do you all do when you want to feel great about yourselves?
:-(

I'm not sure that anything will make you feel better. Seperating from someone, however it ends is so hard. The only thing you can do is surround yourself with family and friends and know that everything happends for a reason. Even if its hard to understand.

http://www.picturetrail.com/alio0026

Aww poor Loopy, my heart goes out to you. You will need some time to recover--it won't happen overnight--& I agree that the support of friends & family is very important.

So is a good bottle of wine & a new pair of shoes. :)

I agree with the bottle of wine. I always used to watch the moview About Last Night when I got dumped. It's from 1986 and it has Demi Moore and Rob Lowe. It's great because in the end he is BEGGING her to come back to him. You'll feel better.

Have you tried IMAX 2 ta cheer you up:p :p :p. No JK. I agree with the wine and maybe try talking to someone close to you, sister, brother, mother, father, close friends, ect. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you;-)

I wish you all the luck, I bet your a really great person. He doesn't know what he's missing:)

~Adri;-)
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Thank you guys. I will definately be trying the bottle of wine idea! ;-) I think i'll do KPC tomorrow...that will work out some anger.

Adri - first coffee and now wine? What ARE we going to do with you??? :p

Eva - I'm sorry you got dumped. It sucks, plain and simple. I love the suggestion of About Last Night. And just keep working out and eating healthy and make yourself the best person you can be. You'll feel better about yourself than if you sulk (although a bit of that is absolutely understandable).

Hang in there!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

No worries! It was probibly the best thing that happened to you that you wont appriciate until sometime later on!

Meanwhile, have a good laugh at your name Loopy - it sounds like it should be my name really. Anyway, saying I just got dumped sounds sort of like - I just got tossed into the trash can with yesturdays newspaper and a sac of moldly bread. So instead say 'I just got free'.

Don't drink too much wine in the meantime.

It takes time, to get over being dumped. Please realize things change and that it will get better for you. I promise you.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

Scream: FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST...THANK GOD ALMIGHTY...FREE AT LAST! (even if you don't mean it right now!)

Try reading this story. Maybe it will help some.

"THE CURTAIN RODS"

She spent the first day packing her belongings into boxes, crates, and suitcases.

On the second day, she had the movers come and collect her things. On the third day, she sat down for the last time at their beautiful dining room table by candlelight, put on some soft background music, and feasted on a pound of shrimp, a jar of caviar, and a bottle of Chardonnay. When she had finished, she went into each and every room and stuffed half-eaten shrimp shells dipped in caviar into the hollow of all of the curtain rods.

She then cleaned up the kitchen and left.

When the husband returned with his new girlfriend, all was bliss for the first few days. Then, slowly, the house began to smell. They tried everything: cleaning, mopping, and airing the place out. Vents were checked for dead rodents, carpets were steam cleaned, and air fresheners were hung everywhere! Exterminators were brought in to set off gas canisters, during which they had to move out for a few days, and in the end they even paid to replace the expensive wool carpeting. Nothing worked.

People stopped coming over to visit. Repairmen refused to work in the house. The maid quit. Finally, they could not take the stench any longer and decided to move. A month later, even though they had cut their price in half, they could not find a buyer for their stinky house. Word got out, and, eventually, even the local Realtors refused to return their calls.

Finally, they had to borrow a huge sum of money from the bank to purchase a new place.

The ex-wife called the man and asked how things were going. He told her the saga of the rotting house. She listened politely and said that she missed her old home terribly and would be willing to reduce her divorce settlement in exchange for getting the house back. Knowing his ex-wife had no idea how bad the smell was, he agreed on a price that was about 1/10th of what the house had been worth, but only if she were to sign the papers that very day.

She agreed, and, within the hour, his lawyers delivered the paperwork.

A week later, the man and his girlfriend stood smiling as they watched the moving company pack everything to take to their new home, including the curtain rods . . .
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I just love a happy ending, don't you?

LOL good story. Rotten shrimp. Wonder if they had a cat this story would be resolved quicker}( }( }(

Good One!

~Adri;-)
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Yes, keep your friends close to you now. I also love the spa and Haagen-Das ideas. :)

These have also helped me/ other people I know when their hearts are broken:

Watch "Addicted to Love" with a sympathetic friend. (Very cathartic!)

When you're done with that, watch "Under the Tuscan Sun". (Very uplifting.)

Read some Marian Keyes.

Buy yourself a ridiculously fabulous boquet of flowers, and a beautiful vase.

Paint a wall in your house yellow... or whatever your favorite color is. ;)

Get a puppy. He will *constantly* remind you how wonderful you are!

Hope you feel like yourself again soon!

Great story! Having gone through something very similar just this past week, talking helped me the most - AND this forum! Then, realize that it's not the end of the world - in the overall grand scheme of things, this is NOTHING! Also, if you let yourself be depressed and consumed by this, you're giving your power away (to borrow some Dr. Phil wisdom). Plus - you don't want to give your ex the satisfaction of thinking that you're torn up because he dumped you. This was probably just life's way of kicking you in the slats to get your attention and letting you know that it's time for something new. The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar!

"You can't win them all - but you can try." - Babe Zaharias http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/musik/music-smiley-004.gif[/img]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.