I hope this doesn't waste anyone's time

Hi all!

I'm currently working out about 1 hour per day and would like to increase that to two hours by doing a split (i.e. cardio in the morning, weights in the evening. Here's the problem: my hair currently reaches about 6 inches below my waist and if I wash it twice in the same day, it gets horribly dry and damaged. I sweat like a maniac (thanks to Cathe and the tons of water I drink), so needless to say, my hair gets rather sweaty. Does anyone have this problem or any suggestions how to not go to bed with sweaty hair without having to wash it again.

I really hope this isn't a waste of your time.

Thanks a lot,
Ladychimpion :-hmmm

Why don't you in the morning, put conditioner in your hair while you work out? If you can, put a shower cap on while you work out, the heat will help it be absorbed more and then in the evening rather than use shampoo, just rinse it out w/clear water. It should get rid of the sweat enough so that you don't have to sleep w/dirty hair, yet not dry you out so.

My stylist says to limit shampooing to once/day & just rinse well for any other showers.

(Your question isn't inappropriate but should probably have been posted on the open forum rather than for Cathe's attention. Just something for the future.)

Debra

I hear ya.I have curly hair that is normally very dry anyway.And it is way down my back.
if I work out twice in one day, I usually rinse it and just put conditioner in it.Then rinse.
Hope this helps,
Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.