I Have Met the Enemy...

sparrow

Cathlete
...and it is Food Network TV!! Bobby Flay, Molto Mario, Paula Deen - especially Paula Deen!! Has the women ever made a recipe that didn't have a stick of butter in it?! I've been watching the channel while I write and holy mackerel, all I want to do is eat, and I don't mean bean sprouts. I want a steak sandwich on ciabatta bread, fried chicken with creamy mashed potatoes, or baked pasta with ricotta and ham. Evil!! :D

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Yes, I know what you mean,...especially Paula. She uses a stick of butter in every dish it seems, extra cheese...anything with a ton of fat in it but it sounds so gosh darn good and I get so hungry every time I watch FoodNetwork. I also like Rachel Ray, and Giada De laurentis.

Oh yah, Paula tawks real perdy, but she's the spawn of Satan}(. I love Molto Mario, Giada de Laurentiis, Rachel Ray, and Ina Garten. I only watch on Saturday because I would be as big as a house if I watched more often than that. I used to love Tyler Florence. Whatever happened to him and that 911 show? I loved that show.

Michele

I'm right there with ya, Sparrow. DH and I love to watch the Food Channel, but usually within about 20 minutes we're both in the kitchen snacking away. Doesn't matter which show it is, we like 'em all. Except the one where the woman tries to stay on a budget. Budgets put me in a bad mood so I always have to change the channel. :+

Have you seen Iron Chef America? Man, those chefs know how to cook.
-Nancy

My DH loved the original Iron Chef from Japan. He thinks Iron Chef America is a cheap knock-off. LOL!

Michele

Who's the one who cooks Italian and is so nice and skinny? I'm totally jealous... especially since I tried on all my "going out to dinner" pants last nite... and they were all tight! Arghhhh!

Melody, I can't change the channel! I'm powerless before beaten biscuits and peach pie. Weaknesses of the flesh, what can I do?! :p

Michele, is Ina the tall, slender, pretty woman? She's actually one I don't watch. As someone who once had to clean tomato innards off the kitchen ceiling, it makes me too nervous to watch her cook in lacy white sweaters. :D.

Nancy, I like Iron Chef, too, though I prefer the original. As for the budget, ITA! I think you are talking about Rachel Ray and 40 Dollars a Day. IMO, while on vacation is the last time and place I want to be thinking about a budget. If I wanted to fret about the cost of food I'd have stayed home. I like RRY though, on her regular cooking show. She looks like someone who actually enjoys her own cooking.

Did anyone ever watch Juan Carlos? What was his show? Diet something? He took high calorie recipes and made them more healthy. Is he still on?

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

>Who's the one who cooks Italian and is so nice and skinny?
>I'm totally jealous... especially since I tried on all my
>"going out to dinner" pants last nite... and they were all
>tight! Arghhhh!

That's Giada de Laurentiis. I know, I hate her!

Michele:)

Okay, who is Ina then?!

Sparrow

>>Michele, is Ina the tall, slender, pretty woman? She's actually one I don't watch. As someone who once had to clean tomato innards off the kitchen ceiling, it makes me too nervous to watch her cook in lacy white sweaters. .<<

I can't even go out to eat wearing a white blouse.

>Michele, is Ina the tall, slender, pretty woman? She's
>actually one I don't watch. As someone who once had to clean
>tomato innards off the kitchen ceiling, it makes me too
>nervous to watch her cook in lacy white sweaters. :D.

>Sparrow
>
>Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
>arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but
>rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn
>out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Sparrow,

No, no, no. Ina Garten is a very BIG woman. Her show is called "The Barefoot Contessa", which is also the name of a specialty food store she owned in the Hamptons. Her program is mostly about entertaining.

The tall, skinny woman in the white sweaters is that whacky Homemade Simple chick. She really gets on my nerves. I love Ina, though she could stand to drop about 80 to 100 lbs.

Michele
:)

A small voice yells out from the cave, "I don't have cable or a dish."
The poor backwards cavewoman hears only strange names babbling over the ether.

"As for the budget, ITA! I think you are talking about Rachel Ray and 40 Dollars a Day. IMO, while on vacation is the last time and place I want to be thinking about a budget. If I wanted to fret about the cost of food I'd have stayed home."

Sparrow-that's it EXACTLY. Thank you!
-Nancy

Is Giada the beautiful petite one with the perfect figure who is always cooking high-fat Italian stuff? Oh, man, I sure do hate her too. x(
-Nancy

Yes, that's Giada. She's super duper smiley and she buggs the cr@p out of me. Same with Rachel Ray- she didn't even go to cooking school, and I have her 30 minute meals and not one of them has ever taken me less than 60. Harrumph.

You have missed the best host and best cooking show on Food TV!!! ALTON BROWN. He's fantastic!!!!!!! (And, he taught me how to make my own microwave popcorn...)

DH and I watched Emeril every night the first six months we lived together. Every night!! :9

>Yes, that's Giada. She's super duper smiley and she buggs
>the cr@p out of me. Same with Rachel Ray- she didn't even go
>to cooking school, and I have her 30 minute meals and not one
>of them has ever taken me less than 60. Harrumph.
>
>You have missed the best host and best cooking show on Food
>TV!!! ALTON BROWN. He's fantastic!!!!!!! (And, he taught me
>how to make my own microwave popcorn...)
>
>DH and I watched Emeril every night the first six months we
>lived together. Every night!! :9

Amy we love Alton Brown! He's so funny. He has a recipe for crispy chocolate chip cookies that I love love love. I think he gets frustrated on Iron Chef America sometimes because he knows his stuff and wants to talk about what the chefs are doing, but that floor reporter is lame and always behind!

Sparrow

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.