I Hate Cardio - June 14

August

Cathlete
Hi, all!

Michele - Glad that Flylady got you to at least TOUCH your BFFM book LOL.

Kate - Why don't you ask Michele to give you hers because at this point it's actually probably recommended by Flylady to get rid of the useless thing LOL? :p

Diane - Haha, the alarm is on your DH's side of the bed. I'd want to keep that sucker away, too. I mean your alarm. Not your DH.

Janjan - WOOOO a new knee! By the way your post read it sounded pretty painless? Anyway, congrats to having it finished. Good luck with the rehab stuff.

Dana - Weird about being blocked. That sucks when you want to log on and can't. I get itchy if I'm away too long from the internet - I've logged on a couple times very quickly from hotels just to give me my fix. Hey, I've been reading more and more about BFL. Have you ever seen this site? I thought it was really informative while being really funny. It also will give you some good inspiration I think, it did me.

http://www.skwigg.com/index.html

Are you taking flax oil? I've been having like maybe a teaspoon at most a day but am thinking to dive in with a tbsp, since that's what seems to be recommended. I've also read some people have had digestive trouble with it. I "plopped" :+ in a tbsp into my morning smoothie (man, it looked like a ton of oil) and now am waiting for the little ol' "experiment" to um, kick in. I read that flax oil is so wonderful for the body that some people doing BFL don't even count the fat from the oil in their diets, is that right?

By the way, the 6 meals a day - just curious - is that your daily caloric intake needs divided by 6?

SIDE NOTE TO SELF - No, no, I'm not switching my BFFM for BFL, I've just come across a bunch of interesting and inspiring info about BFL and now I'm kinda interested to know more, that's all.

Anyway, I hope that Gannon is doing better. And yes, I'll be sending nurturing vibes from Japan to your son's soccer coach, his wife and their kids.

Have a good one!
----------------------------------

Okay, I wrote that before my workout but hadn't posted yet, and I just now finished cardio....weird weird thing. I had a fantastic workout and felt more energetic than usual. Could this possibly be in thanks to the flax oil?!?! (As I'm sure it has nothing to do with my cardiovascular abilities LOL)

Morning August and all you other haters. It is 5:10 am here, just finished breakfast and thought I would check in now b/c obviously I can't do it from work anymore.

Aug - what type of cardio did you do today or shall I say yesterday???

Jan-Jan: how are you feeling today?

Kate: enjoy your 10 weeks "off"

Michele - how are you? Are you sleeping any better?

Diane - were you able to get in a workout yesterday?

Aug - I just received the "official" BFL challenge packet in the mail yesterday and they actually changed the eating plan a bit from what is in the book. It is updated. I believe the book was written in the late 90's. Now you can have 1tbsp of fat everyday from other sources rather then oil. Natural PB, avocado, nuts, ff salad dressing. No I don't take any kind of oil. Now that I know I can have pb daily, I'm so excited. I think that I eat aboaut 250-300 calories per meal b/c when I added the calories up on sparkspeople, it averaged about 1550-1600 per day.

Here are my meals for today:

1: power pancake w/3 pcs turkey sausage. This is kinda like August's pancake (2 egg whites, 6tbsp oatmeal, blended in the food processor so it looks like flour, 1/4 c. ff cottage cheese, 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1/2 banana) Mix together and fry in pan w/spray. Top w/1tbsp pb. YUM! Actually, I think the only difference is less egg whites and adding the cottage cheese?
2: EAS coffee protein shake (not very good but it is the last one)
3: 3 oz steak, 1/2 c. brown rice, spinach/tom/onion salad with red wine vinagrette (this is the new spray stuff and it is very good. Only 10 calories per 10 sprays)
4: turkey cutlet, baked sweet potato, spinach
5: 1/2 c. ff cotage cheese, apple

Since my work hours have changed, I've only been eating 5 meals instead of six. Hope that is OK?????

Today is legs and abs.

Well, better go get dressed. I"ve got to get the boys up at 5:45!

Have a great day and I will check back when I get home from work.

Hiya, Dana,

Oh, I would definitely be doing the tbsp of peanut butter every day! }( }( Man, ain't it great?

Wow, you can only have 1 tbsp of fat every day? With the other stuff you eat, you mean that it becomes 20% fat just from that?

Don't you hate 250 calorie meals? x( There's very little that can make those thingies look big.

Your pancake sounds nice, too. The only problem is that I'm too lazy to wash out my blender more than once a day and I already do that when I make my smoothie :) .

Hi Dana and August!!

August, cute, very cute--trying to give my BFFM book away--lol! I'm going to read it...some day. Oh, I love that blog site you posted. Very funny!!

Dana, you are doing so good. I'm doing so terrible.

Okay, here's the skinny. I've yet to do a work out this week. I don't know how you working moms do it. I only have my 12 year old nephew for a week and I can barely keep up with anything. In all fairness to myself, I am trying extra specially hard to make this a nice little vacation for him. I wonder if he'll repay my kindness by visiting me in the nursing home when I'm old a feeble.

My back is KILLING me. I think I mentioned this before, I don't remember. Anyway, it's been bothering me for awhile now so I had my DH examine me last night (he does come in handy from time to time;) ). He thinks I have sacroiliitis and he suggested I take Ibuprofen, a large dose, evey 8 hours for a week or so and see what that does. He wants me to get a therapeutic massage, too. I'm probably the only person in America that hates massages. I just don't like strangers touching me--eeewww. I've agreed to the Ibuprofen and a heating pad for now.

Janjan, I hope you're doing well and obeying doctors orders. I'm glad your procedure went well.

I need to look at yesterday's thread...I'll be right back...

Okay, I'm back. I just had to check yesterday's thread real fast.

Dana, I cannot believe they blocked Cathe from your work. Boo Hoo!! Again, you're doing great and I'm envious.

Diane, I'm completely off track now, too. I may not be able to get back in gear until after my nephew leaves. We can do this. We can and we will!!

Kate, I'm stuck at 5 push-ups.

August, I've heard conflicting things about flax seed OIL. I think you may be better off using the actual seeds. They can be ground into smoothies, too. If you do a search here at Cathe.com you'll find several threads that talk about flax seed.

I have to run. I have to figure out what we're doing today. Catch ya later chickies!!:)

Ok so I have no idea which one to post in, but this is the one I clicked on so here we go.

Ok as for pain, well it has set in...ouuuucccchhhhhhh...for crying out loud my new knee is supposed to be here by now and I was planning a 4 mile run today, oh well guess not! I was just kidding about the 4 mile run, but man oh man it is sore today. I have this really cool machine called "the game day" and it's a leg compressor that you wrap around your leg/knee area and it ices up the knee down to 40-50 deg and helps the swelling, it feels soooo good. Anyway, enough about that.

Michele-ok ouch on the back. I mean major ouch, yikes. Do you know what is causing it? I don't care much for the people touching me either while trying to relax. I had one lady one time giving me a deep tissue and I think she was trying to break my arms, she was nuts. I hope your back gets better soon

Dana-sorry you are blocked? How is the baby? Is he feeling any better? I am so sad he is sick
:-( I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Diane~ ok so the flylady thing is working out well. Please share more details when you can. You have me hooked on it.

August-BFL is a really great program. I still kindofa follow it, the HIIT I do for sure when I work out, but I still add in an extra 10-20 mins in cardio. 20 mins is yes killer, but I need more so I push myself. Of course I want to fall over after it, but hey it works for me. Eating my pancake right now....yuuummmmmmmmyyyyyyyyy......
BTW-how is the blasts going on KM? Have you noticed you are getting stronger with them?

Kate-You sure do a lot of cardio for a cardio hater! Is school out yet? What are your summer plans?

Ok guys, I have got to run and attempt to take a shower....yes this should be fun.....

BBL
JanJan

Janjan, {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and I hope that nifty ice thingy helps your knee. Are you taking anything for pain.

Dana, my gosh, I guess I didn't read your post from yesterday very carefully!! I'm so sorry about Gannon's fever and ear infection. Poor little guy...I hope he's feeling better today. I will definitely keep the soccer coach and his wife in my prayers. How sad for them. And to be so close to the due date. Was this expected..did they know the bably would be stillborn?...As for the ab exercise you were talking about--I used to do those with my personal trainer. If you want to increase the difficulty, put a dumbell between your feet because the farther away from your core, the more it raises the intensity. Once that becomes less of a challenge, do it with straight legs. You just raise your legs straight up from your hips. The other thing you can do is have someone toss your legs up in the air and then you have to lower them down as slow as you can. That's probably the hardest of all. I think vertical leg raises are so effective for working the abs!!

I'm really out of here now.

:* :*

Hi Everyone -

Jana - Sorry your knee is hurting, hopefully the pain will be over soon. What do you want to know about flylady? I don't want to overshare and bore the others. Do you want to know about daily and weekly routines, zone cleaning, decluttering, control journal? I have adapted the routine a lot to fit my schedule, but I can copy and paste my routines if you want. Have you checked out the website? I think the website is pretty confusing, and the book is laid out a lot better.

By the way, I finally got ahold of my housekeeper on the phone yesterday and let her go! She would have come today, but the house is already clean so no need. So that will save a lot of money. I am trying to cut back on expenses, and found several more things to cut out of our budget yesterday - newspaper (can read it online and it just caused more trash!), my personal cell phone (I use my work cell phone all the time anyway, I get 1000 minutes a month for free on that).

Michele - Yes, we will get back on track. Your nephew will be gone soon and life will return back to normal. I am not back yet - my one and only goal now is to go to bed earlier because that is the main reason I don't workout.

Dana - I can definitely live with peanut butter everyday. So you are doing the official challenge - what a great motivator! I can't wait to hear your results. I hope Gannon is feeling better.

August - I checked out that website you sent. Looks interesting, I love seeing what really fit people do to get in shape. I can't wait to check it out in more detail during a break at work today.

Well, I am officially off the wagon, on the ground, in the dirt, and I can't even see the wagon any more because it is too far off in the distance. I didn't work out yesterday (got home late and had to deal with some customer service people for an hour about a huge gas bill - note to self, the hot baths every night recommended by flylady have turned out to be more expensive than they are worth - nightly hot bubble baths are now off the daily checklist, I have to find a new way to relax). Then I woke up too late to workout this morning (went to bed late) and can't workout tonight because there is a recruiting party. Blah. And my clothes is starting to fit poorly, so it is time for action. But as flylady says, I am never behind, just start where you are. I just have to start over again and regain all my strenght and cardio without worrying about where I have been or what I did wrong in the past.

Yes, I posted elsewhere. I am a goof. Well, there is a stronger word for it, but I can't use it here.
Ten weeks "off" LOL. Funny, very funny. HELP ME

Hey Diane-Man sorry to hear abou the gas bill...uhhh....in this house we too have a great big ol' bath tub, but I limit it to only 1 hot bath per week and the gas is turned down pretty low so I run out of hot water soon. Was like that when we got here and we have not messed with it, too much work. I know that was so not fun dealing with customer service, yuck!

yes, please cut and paste what you are doing from flylady. You seem to have it down really well so I always say "if it works go with it".

Don't be down on yourself too much about falling off the wagon, it happens to us all and I know it is hard. Just remember, each day is a new day to start again. Here is some good vibes coming your way to help get you back on track. :7

Alright Jana, you asked for it. Here is all my stuff. For people that don't want to hear about flylady, just ignore.

Below are my daily and weekly routines. I have them on the first pages of my control journal. It has really helped me to have a specific day each week that I sit down a pay bills, write thank you notes, etc.

My Morning Routine:

1. Make bed.
2. Kitchen and Hot Spots
(a) Make coffee and start breakfast.
(b) Empty the dishwasher.
(c) Hit the hotspots. If you did your Before Bed Routine there will not be any.
3. Exercise
4. Shower and clean the bathroom while you are there. "Swish and Swipe".
5. Now Think About Yourself
(a) Take your vitamins and medications.
(b) Morning Meditation: God, Imagination, Focus, Thanksgiving (GIFT).
(c) Now reward yourself with some computer time. Check your e-mail.

My Before Bed Routine

1. Clean up the house before you go to bed. (20 minutes - tops)
(a) Living room: Pick up and put away things, magazines, dishes, clothes, shoes.
(b) Kitchen: Clean it up, shine sink, lay out clean dishcloths, sweep kitchen floor, and run the dishwasher.
(c) Dining room/entrance/breakfast bar: 2 min clear the hot spots.
(d) Review your check list to make sure you have not forgotten anything.
2. Zone Work (15 minutes)
3. Weekly Home Blessing (10 minutes)
(a) Monday: cull/toss old magazines, clean mirrors, doors and switches
(b) Tuesday: empty all trash, feather dust furniture
(c) Wednesday: vacuum all rooms and swiffer
(d) Thursday: mop kitchen and bathroom floors
(e) Friday: change sheets, clean bathtubs and toilets and empty trash
(f) Saturday/Sunday: second vacuum of high traffic areas and any catch up cleaning
4. Think about tomorrow before you go to bed.
(a) Check your calendar and/or planner for appointments.
(b) Start a "To Do" list for tomorrow.
(c) Gather up items that you do not want to forget and place them in a spot by the door. Make sure you can see them before you walk out.
(d) Lay out your clothes for tomorrow.
5. Focus on yourself before going to bed.
(a) Cool down time (bath, reading) - NO MORE BATH for me!!! Gas bill was high this month.
(b) Prayer and/or Meditation.
(c) Snuggle in for the night and lights out. Go to bed at a decent time. Preferably at the same time daily!

Weekly Routine:

Sunday: Laundry
1. Laundry day
2. Catch up cleaning for Weekly Home Blessing Hour
Monday: Magazines/Mirrors
1. Cull/toss old magazines, clean mirrors and doors
2. Spend 15 minutes in the current zone.
Tuesday: Trash and Dust
1. Empty all trash, feather dust furniture.
3. Water and fertilize plants.
Wednesday: Vacuum and Partial Desk Time
1. Vacuum or swiffer all rooms.
3. Write thank-you notes, letters and cards.
Thursday: Mop and Paperwork.
1. Mop kitchen and bathroom floors.
3. File papers.
4. Pay bills.
Friday: Date Night, Sheets, Bathrooms & Misc.
5. Change sheets.
6. Take out trash.
7. Clean bathtubs and toilets.
8. Date Night!
9. Clean out purse.
10. Clean out car.
11. Clean laundry room.
12. Make sure refrigerator is cleaned out before shopping.
13. Work on menus and grocery list for next week.
Saturday: Grocery and Errand Day, Vacuum and Catch up
1. Vacuum and any catch up cleaning for weekly home blessing.
2. Make sure menus are planned before you go shopping.
3. Check grocery list one last time before you walk out the door. Take your list with you.
4. Grocery Day.
5. Errand Day:
a. Library.
b. Post office.
c. Buy gifts and cards.
d. Buy candles.
e. Buy coffee.

My lists were adapted from the flylady example list which is found here:

http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Routines.asp

I do the zone work a little bit differently. I do it for 15 min a night M-Th. Instead of following the specific days of the month suggested by the website, I just make a lap around my house clockwise and work on a room until it is done with the detailed cleaning list, and then move on to the next. So I might staying in the bedroom for 3 days, but only working on the living room for 1-2 days, then work in the kitchen for 4 days, just how ever long it takes with 15 min a day. I first had to declutter all the rooms, which I just finished doing.

Here is the link for how to declutter

http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Declutter.asp

Here is the link for detailed cleaning once the room is decluttered.

http://www.flylady.net/images/Detailed_Cleaning_Lists.pdf

I haven't done any of Kelly's Missions yet because I am always in a different room than the website is, but a lot of people love doing them - so here is the link. There are new ones every week day.

http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan_Missions.asp

Also, here is the link for how to start a control journal. I don't have all of the sections in there, but have my routines, a monthly calendar, important addressed (doctors, vets, parents, siblings etc.), and our budget and our spending. I keep a blank piece of paper in the inside pocket of the control journal and that is where we write down when things run out (toilet paper, light bulbs, etc), so that I don't forget these non-recurring items when I make out my grocery list.

http://www.flylady.net/pages/cjmain.asp

I think the most important thing that has helped me is to always think about the DO IT NOW principle. When I am in the bathroom in the morning getting ready, I swish and swipe because I have cleaner right under the sink. When I take out a glass for a drink, I put it in the dishwasher immediately. If you pick up everything and clean as you go, you never have a big clean up later.

I also found this great list of daily, weekly, and monthly chores that was adapted from flylady and mentions flylady on the realsimple.com website. It is just a list of chores without assigning a specific day, but is another helpful way to look at it.

KITCHEN
Every Day
• Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
• Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
• Wipe down the counters (one minute).
• Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
Every Week
• Mop the floor (five minutes).
• Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
• Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
• Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
• Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
Every Season
• Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
• Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
• Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
• Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
• Perform "Shiny Sink 101"

BATHROOM
Every Day
• Wipe out the sink (30 seconds).
• Wipe the toilet seat and rim (15 seconds).
• Swoosh the toilet bowl with a brush (15 seconds).
• Wipe the mirror and faucet (15 seconds).
• Squeegee the shower door (30 seconds).
• Spray the entire shower and the curtain liner with shower mist after every use (15 seconds).
Every Week
• Scrub the tub (three minutes).
• Scrub the tiles (five minutes).
• Mop the floor (two minutes).
• Wipe the switch plates, doorknobs, and doorjambs (one minute).
• Empty and wipe out the wastebasket (30 seconds).
Every Season
• Take down the shower curtain, then launder it according to the care instructions.
• Empty, weed, and clean the medicine cabinet (20 minutes).
• Perform "Shiny Sink 101" on the tub and sink.

BEDROOM
Every Day
• Make the bed (two minutes).
• Fold or hang clothing and put away jewelry (four minutes).
• Straighten out the night-table surface (30 seconds).
Every Week
• Change the sheets (five minutes).
• Dust all surfaces — including electronics, books, picture frames, windowsills and ledges, and tops of door frames — and remove all cobwebs (10 minutes).
• Dust or mop the floors or vacuum the carpeting (five minutes).
• Throw out old magazines (one minute).
• Wipe and disinfect the telephone (30 seconds).
• Empty the wastebasket (20 seconds).
• Vacuum the heating and air-conditioning vents and the inside of the closet (three minutes).
Every Season
• Wash the insides of the windows (15 minutes).
• Strip the bed and flip the mattress (five minutes).
• Launder the mattress pad and dust ruffle.

LIVING-AREA
Every Day
• Pick up crumbs and dust bunnies with a handheld vacuum (one minute).
• Fluff the cushions and fold throws after use (two minutes).
• Wipe tabletops and spot-clean cabinets when you see fingerprints (one minute).
• Straighten coffee-table books and magazines. Throw out newspapers. Put away CDs and videos. (Two minutes.)
Every Week
• Dust all surfaces — including electronics, books, blinds, picture frames, windowsills and ledges, and tops of door frames — and remove all cobwebs (15 minutes).
• Dust-mop the floors with a microfiber cloth or a Swiffer, or vacuum the rugs and carpeting (five minutes).
• Vacuum the upholstery (five minutes).
• Throw out old magazines (one minute).
• Wipe and disinfect the telephone (30 seconds).
• Shake out or vacuum the doormat (one minute).
• Vacuum the heating and air-conditioning vents (one minute).
Every Season
• Wash the insides of the windows (15 minutes).
• Lift big pieces of furniture and vacuum or mop underneath (10 minutes).

I think that is about all I have. Hope this helps anyone who read this far!

I'm up totally early.

Diane - Damn! We need to put a Sticky on this post of yours! Thanks for going to all that work to help us with our cleaning and organizing our lives! Oh, and "congrats" for being able to let go of the housekeeper. And here are some more vibes coming your way to help you to get back on track with your exercise! Nip that sucker in the bud while it's still early!

Michele - You can probably count hanging out with your nephew as part of a cardio. Repay your kindness with a visit to the old folks home, haha! Funny. Is your DH a back doctor? I guess he must be something like a doctor as I can't imagine he would randomly tell you a guess of "sacroiliitis." Whatever the case, that sucks. Oh, thanks for the comment about flax oil. I did check out the threads here about the seed, too. For as good as it's supposed to be for you, nobody seems to know the real low-down.

Janjan - Yeow, is your knee a melon? The Game Day contraption sounds great. Can only your knee fit in it? Like, will it come handy after your knee is better during the hotter season? I've been doing more reading about BFL. Wait a minute, you mean you guys eat as many veggies as you want? It doesn't seem that it's so important to count the calories and that rather one goes by the eyeball hand method? A lean protein the size of your palm, low GI carbs of about two handfuls...and now a tbsp of fat a day. Sounds like the Zone with a different ratio! How do you know you're getting 40/40/20? (I guess it means counting something...) As for those blasts - now that I'm actually really truly doing a FULL blast, I'm going to work my way up to two. But I don't mind doing the one blast at all. In fact, I think I might even enjoy it. But don't tell Michele.

Kate - Heh, we must love to hate cardio posting two threads in a day!

All right, had my smoothie and now will digest it before doing PLB. It's been ages since I did that workout. Have a great sleep you guys!

>Alright Jana, you asked for it. Here is all my stuff. For
>people that don't want to hear about flylady, just ignore.
>
>Below are my daily and weekly routines. I have them on the
>first pages of my control journal. It has really helped me to
>have a specific day each week that I sit down a pay bills,
>write thank you notes, etc.
>
>My Morning Routine:
>
>1. Make bed.
>2. Kitchen and Hot Spots
>(a) Make coffee and start breakfast.
>(b) Empty the dishwasher.
>(c) Hit the hotspots. If you did your Before Bed Routine
>there will not be any.
>3. Exercise
>4. Shower and clean the bathroom while you are there. "Swish
>and Swipe".
>5. Now Think About Yourself
>(a) Take your vitamins and medications.
>(b) Morning Meditation: God, Imagination, Focus, Thanksgiving
>(GIFT).
>(c) Now reward yourself with some computer time. Check your
>e-mail.
>
>My Before Bed Routine
>
>1. Clean up the house before you go to bed. (20 minutes -
>tops)
>(a) Living room: Pick up and put away things, magazines,
>dishes, clothes, shoes.
>(b) Kitchen: Clean it up, shine sink, lay out clean
>dishcloths, sweep kitchen floor, and run the dishwasher.
>(c) Dining room/entrance/breakfast bar: 2 min clear the hot
>spots.
>(d) Review your check list to make sure you have not forgotten
>anything.
>2. Zone Work (15 minutes)
>3. Weekly Home Blessing (10 minutes)
>(a) Monday: cull/toss old magazines, clean mirrors, doors and
>switches
>(b) Tuesday: empty all trash, feather dust furniture
>(c) Wednesday: vacuum all rooms and swiffer
>(d) Thursday: mop kitchen and bathroom floors
>(e) Friday: change sheets, clean bathtubs and toilets and
>empty trash
>(f) Saturday/Sunday: second vacuum of high traffic areas and
>any catch up cleaning
>4. Think about tomorrow before you go to bed.
>(a) Check your calendar and/or planner for appointments.
>(b) Start a "To Do" list for tomorrow.
>(c) Gather up items that you do not want to forget and place
>them in a spot by the door. Make sure you can see them before
>you walk out.
>(d) Lay out your clothes for tomorrow.
>5. Focus on yourself before going to bed.
>(a) Cool down time (bath, reading) - NO MORE BATH for me!!!
>Gas bill was high this month.
>(b) Prayer and/or Meditation.
>(c) Snuggle in for the night and lights out. Go to bed at a
>decent time. Preferably at the same time daily!
>
>
>Weekly Routine:
>
>Sunday: Laundry
>1. Laundry day
>2. Catch up cleaning for Weekly Home Blessing Hour
>Monday: Magazines/Mirrors
>1. Cull/toss old magazines, clean mirrors and doors
>2. Spend 15 minutes in the current zone.
>Tuesday: Trash and Dust
>1. Empty all trash, feather dust furniture.
>3. Water and fertilize plants.
>Wednesday: Vacuum and Partial Desk Time
>1. Vacuum or swiffer all rooms.
>3. Write thank-you notes, letters and cards.
>Thursday: Mop and Paperwork.
>1. Mop kitchen and bathroom floors.
>3. File papers.
>4. Pay bills.
>Friday: Date Night, Sheets, Bathrooms & Misc.
>5. Change sheets.
>6. Take out trash.
>7. Clean bathtubs and toilets.
>8. Date Night!
>9. Clean out purse.
>10. Clean out car.
>11. Clean laundry room.
>12. Make sure refrigerator is cleaned out before shopping.
>13. Work on menus and grocery list for next week.
>Saturday: Grocery and Errand Day, Vacuum and Catch up
>1. Vacuum and any catch up cleaning for weekly home blessing.
>2. Make sure menus are planned before you go shopping.
>3. Check grocery list one last time before you walk out the
>door. Take your list with you.
>4. Grocery Day.
>5. Errand Day:
>a. Library.
>b. Post office.
>c. Buy gifts and cards.
>d. Buy candles.
>e. Buy coffee.
>
>My lists were adapted from the flylady example list which is
>found here:
>
>http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Routines.asp
>
>I do the zone work a little bit differently. I do it for 15
>min a night M-Th. Instead of following the specific days of
>the month suggested by the website, I just make a lap around
>my house clockwise and work on a room until it is done with
>the detailed cleaning list, and then move on to the next. So
>I might staying in the bedroom for 3 days, but only working on
>the living room for 1-2 days, then work in the kitchen for 4
>days, just how ever long it takes with 15 min a day. I first
>had to declutter all the rooms, which I just finished doing.
>
>Here is the link for how to declutter
>
>http://www.flylady.net/pages/FLYingLessons_Declutter.asp
>
>Here is the link for detailed cleaning once the room is
>decluttered.
>
>http://www.flylady.net/images/Detailed_Cleaning_Lists.pdf
>
>I haven't done any of Kelly's Missions yet because I am always
>in a different room than the website is, but a lot of people
>love doing them - so here is the link. There are new ones
>every week day.
>
>http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan_Missions.asp
>
>Also, here is the link for how to start a control journal. I
>don't have all of the sections in there, but have my routines,
>a monthly calendar, important addressed (doctors, vets,
>parents, siblings etc.), and our budget and our spending. I
>keep a blank piece of paper in the inside pocket of the
>control journal and that is where we write down when things
>run out (toilet paper, light bulbs, etc), so that I don't
>forget these non-recurring items when I make out my grocery
>list.
>
>http://www.flylady.net/pages/cjmain.asp
>
>I think the most important thing that has helped me is to
>always think about the DO IT NOW principle. When I am in the
>bathroom in the morning getting ready, I swish and swipe
>because I have cleaner right under the sink. When I take out
>a glass for a drink, I put it in the dishwasher immediately.
>If you pick up everything and clean as you go, you never have
>a big clean up later.
>
>I also found this great list of daily, weekly, and monthly
>chores that was adapted from flylady and mentions flylady on
>the realsimple.com website. It is just a list of chores
>without assigning a specific day, but is another helpful way
>to look at it.
>
>
>KITCHEN
>Every Day
>• Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the
>dishwasher (30 seconds).
>• Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
>• Wipe down the counters (one minute).
>• Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).
>Every Week
>• Mop the floor (five minutes).
>• Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10
>minutes).
>• Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
>• Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
>• Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).
>Every Season
>• Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30
>minutes).
>• Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15
>minutes).
>• Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
>• Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).
>• Perform "Shiny Sink 101"
>
>BATHROOM
>Every Day
>• Wipe out the sink (30 seconds).
>• Wipe the toilet seat and rim (15 seconds).
>• Swoosh the toilet bowl with a brush (15 seconds).
>• Wipe the mirror and faucet (15 seconds).
>• Squeegee the shower door (30 seconds).
>• Spray the entire shower and the curtain liner with shower
>mist after every use (15 seconds).
>Every Week
>• Scrub the tub (three minutes).
>• Scrub the tiles (five minutes).
>• Mop the floor (two minutes).
>• Wipe the switch plates, doorknobs, and doorjambs (one
>minute).
>• Empty and wipe out the wastebasket (30 seconds).
>Every Season
>• Take down the shower curtain, then launder it according to
>the care instructions.
>• Empty, weed, and clean the medicine cabinet (20 minutes).
>• Perform "Shiny Sink 101" on the tub and sink.
>
>BEDROOM
>Every Day
>• Make the bed (two minutes).
>• Fold or hang clothing and put away jewelry (four minutes).
>
>• Straighten out the night-table surface (30 seconds).
>Every Week
>• Change the sheets (five minutes).
>• Dust all surfaces — including electronics, books, picture
>frames, windowsills and ledges, and tops of door frames — and
>remove all cobwebs (10 minutes).
>• Dust or mop the floors or vacuum the carpeting (five
>minutes).
>• Throw out old magazines (one minute).
>minute).
>• Wipe and disinfect the telephone (30 seconds).
>• Empty the wastebasket (20 seconds).
>• Vacuum the heating and air-conditioning vents and the
>inside of the closet (three minutes).
>Every Season
>• Wash the insides of the windows (15 minutes).
>• Strip the bed and flip the mattress (five minutes).
>• Launder the mattress pad and dust ruffle.
>
>LIVING-AREA
>Every Day
>• Pick up crumbs and dust bunnies with a handheld vacuum (one
>minute).
>• Fluff the cushions and fold throws after use (two minutes).
>
>• Wipe tabletops and spot-clean cabinets when you see
>fingerprints (one minute).
>• Straighten coffee-table books and magazines. Throw out
>newspapers. Put away CDs and videos. (Two minutes.)
>Every Week
>• Dust all surfaces — including electronics, books, blinds,
>picture frames, windowsills and ledges, and tops of door
>frames — and remove all cobwebs (15 minutes).
>• Dust-mop the floors with a microfiber cloth or a Swiffer,
>or vacuum the rugs and carpeting (five minutes).
>• Vacuum the upholstery (five minutes).
>• Throw out old magazines (one minute).
>minute).
>• Wipe and disinfect the telephone (30 seconds).
>• Shake out or vacuum the doormat (one minute).
>• Vacuum the heating and air-conditioning vents (one
>minute).
>Every Season
>• Wash the insides of the windows (15 minutes).
>• Lift big pieces of furniture and vacuum or mop underneath
>(10 minutes).
>
>I think that is about all I have. Hope this helps anyone who
>read this far!
>

What the???????
>

Diane, you're my hero and role model. I think Kate is just in shock--lol!
I have bookmarked all your links. I haven't read Sink Reflections yet because I'm reading a memoir at the moment, but as soon as I finish that I'm going to dig into the housewife's bible. I told my husband that I expect him to read it, too. I said we wouldn't need the chapter on decluttering if it wasn't for all of his crap.

I hear you about trying to scale back. I cancelled my local paper and the Wall Street Journal. I've been looking into phone plans as well. I have my own cell phone for emergencies and I rarely use it except on the weekends when I have unlimited free calling. Since our families are all out of town the money we pay for the plan is a bargain considering the number of long distance calls we make. I'm looking into Vonage also. I think we might get that for home.

August, I heard you!! No cardio lovin allowed--lol! Yes, my DH is a DR and he comes in handy once in awhile:) Enjoy PLB--but not too much:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.