I hate cardio Aug 26

Tallchick

Cathlete
Hey, there you go again, all you weekend deadbeats! I am here, where are you? I think it is great that those of you who don't work out on the weekend have muscles that forgive. Good for you. Now, get you butts up and do some lunges!
I did mine. S&H legs, some chest, arms, lots of abs and a stretch. Good for me, bad for you!
Yes, I am loving that fact that the kids are back in school and none of this part time kindergaten stuff. All day, yes! I can go to the store by myself!!!!!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!!!!!
Okay, back to some more stretching. DEADBEATS!!!
Kate

Hi Kate - I am definitely a deadbeat today. I didn't wake up until 10:30 because I went to sleep at 3 am. I was up watching this stupid movie. I have a ton of errands to run today, but plan on working out this afternoon. I am thinking maybe a circuit workout, or maybe Low Max.

OMG, my daughters want you kitties! well, so do I. Doesn't it just warm your heart to see them sleeping together? I love the one where the one kitty has her legs wrapped around the other. And all of them. So cute!

Ohhhhh! I love the kitty pictures. Diane, they look so much like my Franky and Johnny did at that age. --I love the basket you have for magazines. I've been looking for a smallish basket for books and magazines to put in my powder room and haven't been able to find one I like. May I ask where you got that one?

Kate, you're an exercise fanatic--lol! I haven't done a w/o yet. I can't decide which one to do. I'm thinking about doing PH and then hopping on the elliptical for some steady state cardio. I have to say, buying that elliptical was a wise decision on my part. I love it...I really do!

DH is on call for the weekend so we're going to the lake next weekend. We're leaving Friday or Saturday and coming back Tuesday morning. DH is having a terrible day. He spent all morning with a 1 1/2 year old girl that was found face down, floating in the family pool. She was resuscitated for nearly an hour by the EMT's and is alive but will be permantly brain damaged. It's soooo sad. My DH is pretty much against family owned swimming pools because it's too hard to constantly monitor the little ones. This is very common:-( . Anyway, he gets very upset about things like this.

So, I just read yesterday's thread and I cannot believe what happened to poor Janjan with her knee!! That's terrible! Janjan, sweetypoo, I hope your knee is better very soon. I think you should be compensated in some way. Your situation is too horrible for words!

When will August be home--back ib Japan, I mean? I really miss her, but Kate, I think you've been doing a great job of starting our thread in the mornings:D

Dana, what are you up to this weekend? Are you doing something fun with your little ones?

Okay girls, it's now or never for my workout. See ya tomorrow:*

Michele - Yeah you are back!! I am pretty sure I got those baskets at Pier 1, and it was less than a year ago so they still might have them.

Okay, Michele, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down. Oh, cardio is the same no matter how you do it!!!! I hate it, but happy that you like your purchase!

I just finished up ME. I'd never done that one before and I'm sure I'm going to be one sore puppy tomorrow. I couldn't finish all the reps on every exercise. I also didn't use weights for the leg presses or lunges. I don't like putting the barbell across my upper back, though. It's too uncomfortable, IMO. And my balance was too shaky to hold a 10# plate for the leg presses. I think I got a plenty good enough workout, though.

Diane, I think I'm going to run over to Pier 1 tomorrow and see if they have those baskets.

Kate, I agree--I hate cardio no matter what, but at least I don't dread the Elliptical and that CArdio Coach guy sounds dreamy--lol!

I'm STARVING now. I'll see you gals tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.