I had to stop STS

nclncl

Cathlete
:( I hurt my right wrist/forearm which has never happened...I can only think it is from the heavier weights. I was so looking forward to doing STS the first time through with Cathe and everyone, but it's bad enough I think I have to wrest the arm from any heavy weight lifting for now. Carry on! Have fun without me! If anyone has any thoughts on how to go gentler on my wrists and forearms or to prepare them for the next time I try, I'd be interested!

Oh no sorry to hear that. Just rest and let it heal because STS will be there when you are ready. Take care:)

I am so sorry for you but it's good that you're giving it a break so you don't suffer worse injury. STS will still be waiting for you! Heal fast!

Jo :D

Hi Ncinci! You are wise to rest your wrist/forearm if it is bothering you that badly. My best advice is to follow physical therapy exercises for carpel tunnel and tennis/golfers elbow. They will address exercises/stretches for wrist and forearm. Good luck and keep us posted. Remember that STS never expires so come visit it again when you're ready :)

:( I hurt my right wrist/forearm which has never happened...I can only think it is from the heavier weights. I was so looking forward to doing STS the first time through with Cathe and everyone, but it's bad enough I think I have to wrest the arm from any heavy weight lifting for now. Carry on! Have fun without me! If anyone has any thoughts on how to go gentler on my wrists and forearms or to prepare them for the next time I try, I'd be interested!

This happened to me once, but not with STS. I use lifting gloves with an extra wrap around my wrists so I can lift as heavy as possible.

I'm sorry you hurt your wrist - I'm wondering if you had previously done the forearm and wrist curls as in Slow and Heavy, Gymstyles and 4DS. I have been trusting these have prepared me for the heavier lifting in STS.

I know how discouraging an injury like that can be and want to avoid it for myself.

Take care

Thanks everyone, including Cathe, for your advice. I will rest, look into some exercises and gloves, too...good suggestions!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.