I Guess The Bottom Line Is

Oh Jillybean! Don't compare yourself to anyone else. I've tried soooo many different rotations listed here and what worked for someone just didn't work for me. I'm 49 yrs. old and this old bod of mine can only handle just so much. I tried doing my own rotations and then I got bored w/my own. Just couldn't find that spark anymore to my workouts. I did, however, discover a combination that worked for me and I've been doing my own thing for 12 wks. now. Its all in experimenting. Only you know what your body can handle and what fun and excitement there should be when thinking about what tape you want to do for that day. Keep your nutrition really good and just do whatever YOU FEEL LIKE DOING and don't try to do what someone else is doing. That's just my take on it. Best, Kathy

Hi KathyH,
Would you mind very much sharing what you are doing that is working? I'm not very creative on my own and I like to read what others do for success.
-joy

Hi Joy! As far as strength training goes I at first tried chest/shoulders/tris & back/biceps. Then I tried chest/back, legs/shoulders & bis/tris. My muscles, using these combinations, were too fatigued and I just couldn't go up in weight nor did I see any more gains until I tried this combination:

Day 1: chest/biceps/abs & 30 min. of cardio of my choice or
30 min. of pilates
Day 2: 60 min. intense cardio of my choice
Day 3: legs/abs
Day 4: back/triceps
Day 5: shoulders/abs
Day 6: yoga in the am and 30 min. of cardio in pm

With this combination my muscles aren't fatigued when I go to the next muscle group. I LOVE this rotation that I developed for myself but again this doesn't mean its going to work for you if you decide to try it. Best, Kathy

Thanks Kathy,
I agree that the two combos you mentioned fatigue my muscles too much so that when I'm on the second or third muscle group I just can't get any improvement. I have been putting shoulders alone which has helped alot.
-joy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.