I got through Imax2 but w/ no sneakers!

miosy

Yep, since I am one of those knee suffers; I took my sneakers off!
For some reasone it was a bit easier on my knees although I had to modify on the high impact jumping. I did not step so hard as compare to working out with sneakers.

Am I the only freak here doing step w/o sneakers and loving it .:D

Sneakers add weight to your feet. Your knees probably felt better because you weren't lifting the extra 2 pounds or so on each foot.

Be careful! I would think the jumping would be harder on your knees and that the padding of the sneaker would absorb some of the impact.

Oh my god, I'm one of those knee sufferers, too... but I won't do IMAX2 or any of Cathe's cardio workouts without sneakers. I refuse to go barefoot even when I'm weightlifting and don't have to jump around. My joints NEED the cushioning.

I have done IMAX2 without the step and on certain days when my knees are feeling crabby, simply taking the step out feels good. I also modify some of the jumps.

Pinky

I modify a lot of the moves. With my sneakers my knee start hurting half way and have to stop. For some reason w/o sneakers I automatically step lighter...

As for slipping: it's not slippery at all and I exercise on a rug. I may buy those footy socks with sticky rubber on the bottom to be on the safe side.

I do weights w. my sneakers :)

Wow!! You must have some tough feet there girlfriend

Ive never tryed it mainly because I have a Reebok step and the Reebok steps have raised lines across it for sneaker grip,

I would imagine the bottom of my feet would look like they've been "grilled" on the barbeque after a workout without shoes on.

The only time I workout in bare feet is with Stretch and Yoga - then bare feet feels REAL GOOD

Marion
:)

I don't add any height to the step so I don't have to step too far down. I think when I am ready for the height I won't get over w/ the bare foot thing :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.