I give in.......Whats the secret to making strapless bras stay up?

claridge

Cathlete
If I had one gripe about bras, this would be it.

Ive tryed so many brands and styles over the years, I cant remember half the names

BUT no matter what I try on and have unfortunatly parted with good $$$$ for, within an hour, or if my body gets hot, the bra starts sliding down to my rib cage.

Are my boobs TOO big! Are my boobs TOO small!

How can some gals wear one all day without a problem?

Now I know I could go without - and I like attention from MM like anyone eles, but attention because I have "nipple erecti" is one I wish to avoid.

Whats the secret everyone. Glue, blue tac......................?

Marion

x(

Marion - I feel your pain. Being the 32A (almost) that I am, I gave up on making strapless bras stay up and bought some "stick on" bra cups instead. They're kind of like big pasties }( , but they stay in place and they're pretty comfortable.

Maybe that's an option?

Good luck!

The Merry Widow - a long line strapless bra. They are a little hard to find, but they are great. They go about down to your tummy and have stays in them. I was a very big C and wore one very comfortably.

Check at large, nicer department stores.

If you get black they are pretty sexy, actually! Look out Madonna!

RE: I give in.......Whats the secret to making straples...

I would love to have a bra that didn't slide up my rib cage lol, its annoying, and I have almost NO boobs, that will change next yr :7 smiles from ear to ear........
But for now would love a push up bra that fits around my rib cage... Rhonda:7

I'm a 36A & I've found buying a 34A keeps it in place. Of course if you're a 32 I guess there isn't a smaller size.

I got 2 strapless bras from the Gap, they're padded underwire, they stay in place pretty well & also add a little shape.

Edited to add: my one gripe about bras is that I have to wear one.

I swear by Body by Victoria's Secret - Convertible Strapless bra. Stays put and get extra oomph to small gals, like me. Go try one on and see what you think - they have a great return policy.

DD

>
>The Merry Widow - a long line strapless bra. They are a
>little hard to find, but they are great. They go about down
>to your tummy and have stays in them. I was a very big C and
>wore one very comfortably.
>
>Check at large, nicer department stores.
>
>If you get black they are pretty sexy, actually! Look out
>Madonna!

I wore one for my strapless wedding gown. It held up my 34D Girls, so I was very impressed. However, the stays get uncomfortable after a few hours. I still wear it for special occassions;-)

I have been told to buy one band size smaller to get it tight enough around. I am a 36 DD sometimes 38 and ended up at the Large women (Lane Bryant) trying to find one big enough and that would stay up. I did and am very happy with the one I got but unfortunately it has no brand name, must be their own. It has the rubber stuff all around the whole thing that helps it stay up better. I could have used a 36 DD in it but since this was the lg. lady store they didn't go that low so I had to settle for a 38 on the tightest hook. All other stores just didn't make them big enough for me. I think I am really heavy in the chest and others just got pushed down,sigh!!

:)

Thanks everyone

There are a couple of brands and styles suggested I havent tryed so will do so.

Also, never thaught about buying a size "smaller" than I am (so used to buying the "right" size bra, as told we should always do) so that might keep the "puppies" in as well.

Marion
:)

Here is what I did. I took a strapless bra that I thought should have no reason to move (but it did anyway) and a tube of clear silicone caulk. I squeezed a bead of caulk all the way around the top seam and one all the way around the bottom seam.

Now, similar to those Vic. Secret thigh-high stockings, the bra stays absolutely in place all day till I peel it off. It's still washable too. Give it a try. ;)

That sounds like a great idea! Where did you buy the clear silicone caulk? dmd

Um...
I think my DH got it at Home Depot. Ace Hardware would probably have it too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.