I fell during CrossFire today!

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Im okay - no pain or injury - Thank God.

This is what happened: We were doing a fitness blast - scooting to one side, drop/squat down to touch floor then scoot the other way. I had gotten to the point where I really didn't think I could finish all of them. I said to myself, you need to stop early, but I didn't. Then, I didn't pick my right foot up all the way causing my foot to drag on the carpet and I fell down and rolled a little landing on my right side and fell into my step which was against the wall. Now, why didn't I listen to myself and stop right before that? I was in the basement at 6:15am. No one home but me. So, the next question is - Why did I look around to make sure no one saw me? Hilarious.

I crawled over to grab the remote to stop the dvd, slowly assessed myself, stood up, felt fine, pushed play and kept going. LOL.

I am so thankful I didn't get hurt.

Wow! Good thing you dropped and rolled:) glad you are okay. That happened to me. I was doing the same move as you but I never fell. I just kept going and WHAM!, right into my wall. The impact left a huge bruise on my left arm. And I stopped the player and quit my workout. So good for you on continuing and finishing. And, no one saw us when it happened! What a plus.

Veronika

Glad you didn't get hurt Shereta. A similar thing happened to me on Friday when doing Party Rockin Step 2. I hit my ankle with my other foot which sent me over the step in an awkward position. Luckily I caught myself. Everything was OK and kept on stepping.

I did listen to my body that day and skipped the last round which is the full compilation. Knocked that one out with my Saturday workout.

Lisa

Glad you didn't get hurt! I fell over my step a few weeks ago. I can't remember which workout I was doing, but I tripped over my step and landed on my butt! I was daydreaming! Gotta stay focused!!!

I fell last week doing those straddle tap repeaters in To The Max. Fell right down on my butt. I know I have to be careful with this move because I have tripped or fallen before doing it! The Chiro adjustment I had later that day helped a lot....Glad everyone is okay from their falls.

I am so glad Im not the only one. I've fallen before doing a crazy move from one the Firm Cardio dvds . I felt like a total ditz. But, again, my extra padding saved the day.

Thank goodness you are ok. Not to make light of it, but I think you were doing suicides when you had your mishap. I think we have all either had close calls or taken tumbles.

Glad to hear you're ok. Also glad to know I'm not the only one to fall doing one of these workouts. My nemesis are fast feet shuffles/straddle taps. I'm determined to conquer them without falling, tripping, etc. but to be safe, I modify. Good for you that you were able to dust yourself, keep going & finish the workout.

In the beginning I fell several times. I don't do step if I'm tired to avoid injuring myself. I'm glad that you are ok. It can be really scary to fall like that especially when we are home alone and no one can help us.

Im okay - no pain or injury - Thank God.

This is what happened: We were doing a fitness blast - scooting to one side, drop/squat down to touch floor then scoot the other way. I had gotten to the point where I really didn't think I could finish all of them. I said to myself, you need to stop early, but I didn't. Then, I didn't pick my right foot up all the way causing my foot to drag on the carpet and I fell down and rolled a little landing on my right side and fell into my step which was against the wall. Now, why didn't I listen to myself and stop right before that? I was in the basement at 6:15am. No one home but me. So, the next question is - Why did I look around to make sure no one saw me? Hilarious.

I crawled over to grab the remote to stop the dvd, slowly assessed myself, stood up, felt fine, pushed play and kept going. LOL.

I am so thankful I didn't get hurt.

So glad to know you are okay.:):)

There is nothing as dreadful as being off training regardless of the reason!;);)

Last edited:
Swimmer, yeah, suicides. Now, I really get the name for that move.

LOL at the name of the move! It's not funny falling though!! So glad you and others have not had injuries due to falls. Heaven knows, I've had my share of tripping on my step, but I haven't had a fall {yet}. :rolleyes:

Glad you didn't get hurt! I fell over my step a few weeks ago. I can't remember which workout I was doing, but I tripped over my step and landed on my butt! I was daydreaming! Gotta stay focused!!!

The last time I fell over my step during a step routine I broke my wrist. That's the last time I did step.

It can happen so quickly. You think you're indestructible and next thing you know you're on the ground, having landed on your wrist (or other body part) and you're broken. No fun!

I'm glad you weren't hurt. Trust me, it can very easliy end differently!

Glad to hear you're ok. Also glad to know I'm not the only one to fall doing one of these workouts. My nemesis are fast feet shuffles/straddle taps. I'm determined to conquer them without falling, tripping, etc. but to be safe, I modify. Good for you that you were able to dust yourself, keep going & finish the workout.

Those moves are hard for me too especially when I don't have a lot of energy to keep my feet up high. Sometimes I sub something else to keep my heart rate up just to be safe and not trip. And it's happened to me too!

That's so true, JeanMarie. My mind wonders to different things like how's my heart rate, how many more reps, keep the core tight, keep breathing regularly, etc. I really have got to be careful. I've fallen three times in 20 years (twice off the step and then today) . My husband has always said when you fall, go limp and roll with it. I even do that without thinking. I just roll and pray. lol. I know how blessed I am not to have had any injuries especially at 48. I will work on staying focused on the floor work as well.

That's so true, JeanMarie. My mind wonders to different things like how's my heart rate, how many more reps, keep the core tight, keep breathing regularly, etc. I really have got to be careful. I've fallen three times in 20 years (twice off the step and then today) . My husband has always said when you fall, go limp and roll with it. I even do that without thinking. I just roll and pray. lol. I know how blessed I am not to have had any injuries especially at 48. I will work on staying focused on the floor work as well.

Yeah, rolling is a good idea, but my wrist doctor told me that he sees a lot of wrist breaks from people in good shape because their reflexes are so quick. If you think about it, you have to have a pretty quick reaction time to get your hand behind you to break your fall. That's what happened to me. He said that is why you don't see nearly as many broken wrists on young kids because when they fall they are more likely to roll. Their reflexes aren't as fast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.