I don't have an exercise ball how can i substitute?

mommyme34

It's a silly question but since i don't have an exercise ball and scared i can't get one that will stay inflated without spending a ton of money i'm just not buying one. So for the xtrain cbs and bi and tris what can i sub with?

It's a silly question but since i don't have an exercise ball and scared i can't get one that will stay inflated without spending a ton of money i'm just not buying one. So for the xtrain cbs and bi and tris what can i sub with?

Have you checked Marshall's? That store, and others like it, have them dirt cheap. I've had mine for 7 years, and it's still inflated!

You can get one for under $20 at many places, and I would recommend getting one. They are used in a TON of Cathe workouts (and others as well) and are very useful! :)

Did you have difficulty w/ one in the past? Perhaps it just happened to be defective?

But to answer the question, what the exercise ball is being used for would determine what you could use as a sub for it. Can you specify what moves exactly? I don't have the workouts you mentioned.

I have a ball, but I don't like to do weight lifting on a ball. So, I will do it on my step instead or on the floor, standing or whatever. I will just modify. Also, I got mine for under $20 and I have had it for years!!!

If she is using it to lean on or lie on, just lie on your bench, step, whatever you use.

There are some moves that are ball-specific: roll outs, roll ins, hamstring roll ins, etc. For these moves, no ball = no moves. As others have said, TJMaxx and Marshalls have them for about $15.

Clare

Use your step or bench as others have mentioned. If your comfortable with it make your step go on a slight incline (for ball exercises) by having more risers on one side.

If you end up doing Xtrain Legs the ball segment:

This won't be the exact same move for the hamstring roll ins (used with a ball) but you can also do the hamstring move with paper plates/sliding discs laying down on your back on floor. With plates under one or both feet sliding out and back in while hips are raised the whole time.

Glute squeezes put a very comfortable blanket or pillow on step then try the move. I would skip this one if you can't get comfortable.

For inner thigh squeezes with the ball just use a large firm throw pillow or something similar.

Last edited:
Thanx for all the ideas! I do have one and it never stayed inflated. Maybe i'll check out marshalls or tjmaxx. Untill then i suppose the step will do:D

Exercise ball suggestion

I'd just like to add that you really need to get the right size for you. I had one that was too big and didn't like using it. When I finally admitted that I'm not as tall as I'd like to be I got one from Cathe-small red one-and the exercises are so much more comfortable on it! I can do chest flies on the ball and really feel it like you're supposed to.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.