I did it!!!

AngelBrt

Cathlete
Yesterday for the first time I actually did a full set of pikes on the stability ball in PUB. It was so weird because when I first started this video I couldn't do any so I continued to do additional tucks wen Cathe would move to pikes. Every once in a while I'd try a pike, fall, and go back to tucks. But yesterday something just clicked and I was able to do one full set right with Cathe. I didn't make it through the second set, but I was still thrilled and have faith once again that I will master that stability ball ab routine! I was so excited and tried to tell my fiance about it, and he was happy for me, but he really just didn't get it. So I thought I'd post here! Hope everyone's having a great day!

Angela

CONGRATULATIONS!! You should be SOOOOO proud of yourself! I understand completely and I will post when I complete mine for the first time.:7

Great job! I hope to one day be able to report the same thing. I guess I need to work a little harder at it. Congratulations!! You should be very proud!

WAY TO GO!!! I understand exactly how you feel. I tried and tried it seems like forever to do these. And all of a sudden it seems easier for me to do! It almost seems like there is some kind of trick to doing these. For one thing,it seems to help me if the ball is very full of air. I also find that the position of my feet on the ball seems to make a difference. Its so wierd, when your body manages to do them and all of a sudden they don't seem so impossible. I still am not really great at doing them, but I have improved alot and feel I will be able to do them more consistently with practice.:7

Hi Angela!

Good for you, you should should be proud. ;-) I have come (as always) to the Cathe forums for the inspiration I need during those times when I've been straying from my workout activities - this is just the post I needed, so thank you for sharing! Isn't that a great feeling of accomplishment when you realize you really CAN do something that seemed so difficult in the beginning?

By the way, I know what you mean about your fiance being glad for you but not QUITE understanding... but we sure do. That's what I love about this forum.

Nice work!

Liz

Believe me Angela, I will be posting the first time I'm able to do a set of pikes from PUB. They are so hard and challenging. I can do one or two, but that's it. Keep up the great work!:7

Something that I found that makes the pikes easier, if that is POSSIBLE...try doing the pikes first and then the crunch in-2 out-2 last. It seems like it is a bit easier as my ABS & wrists are pretty fatigued by the time I get to the pikes. Just an idea!

Ooops! Came back to say CONGRATS Angela! It IS a great accomplishment to finally get them! Yipeee for you! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.