I did Freestyle yesterday and today talk about DOMS!!!!!

luvmylbb

Cathlete
I did the Freestyle workout from the book yesterday (lunge series) and today I changed it around a little as I am getting used to this concept. ALl i can say is DOMS!!!! I did not use any weight but ended up doing about 700 lunges. I am still afraid of bulking but I am going to keep at it as I am sweating bullets afterwards! THank you to Carole and the others that reccomended it!!!!

I am glad you are getting the hang of Freestyle! I was sore the first week also and yes in the "derriere" area...:). You won't bulk if you don't use weight or even with light weight...if you are still sore tomorrow you might want to skip a day....:)...Carole

I just started doing the Freestyle rotation that I had come up with for the next four weeks - I am afraid I am not getting enough lunges in......I am pretty much using all Cathe workouts with light weights - - After this weekend I will see if I should order that book - which one is it again?? I don't think I will bulk in the lower body as long as I don't use weights or just stick to light weights! I cannot wait to get the Leaner Legs!!! That one sounds perfect for this rotation!!!

Karen, it really depends. On how many reps and sets for the results you want...that's why the book helps so much..For myself I usually do 2 different lunges besides the other exercises and 4 sets by 20 reps of each...:)...Carole

RE: I did Freestyle yesterday and today talk about DOMS...

Carole,
How long do you work out everyday? If you don't mind me asking.
Kali

Butting in- The Freestyle book workouts are about 75-90 minutes. That is including cardio. I think Carole does quite a bit more running if I am not mistaken. Carole are you in training for marathons or do you run for fun?I am really intrigued by running, I just have never gotten into it but my neighbor insists it is the best way to burn fat.

Kali...I never mind talking aboout exercise..:)...I really have never timed it. I do go into work about 10 so I have the time. Freestyle takes me about 45 min, then abs and whatever upper body I do takes about 30 min, and a run or other cardio is 45 min, so at least 2 hours if I get started on time.

Sheri...I'm not training for a marathon right now. But a 20 mile race in Sept. I have been talking to Elaine (another runner in another post) about running 3 times a week to train and then doing crosstraining the other days...Running is great for burning fat, although not everyone is able to do running....so whatever works for you...:)...Carole

Shannon - it's Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It's the sore, stiff feeling you get the day after a tough workout. Usually, it happens after a weight workout - it starts 12-24 hours after your workout and can last up to 7 days. (Though, thankfully, it usually doesn't last that long!)

I started RWriter - Reba's freestyle rotation last Saturday. I felt so DOM this morning. I skipped stretch part in KPC, but managed to finish the rest of it.

Sunday, I only did 3 miles jog and 200 walking lunges + PS abs and 10 min yoga.

OMG, I could not get up and move this morning. My thighs are fried by yesterday walking lunges. I can't believe I did 200. Well, now I have to take off today. I am sore all my lower body.

Thanks for the recommendation of this routine.

Could you guys let me know what's the book name you were talking about this Freestyle concept?

Thanks

WantFit

Reba,

Yesterday, I could not do S&H legs in your rotation. I don't have S&H. I thought I could replace it with PS Legs + abs. However, it seems that it almost repeated Leg & Glutes, and my knees still wobble from Saturday LG. I have Cathe's

GS: Legs
GS: BSB
GS: CT
ME
MM
HSTA
HSChallenge
HSC
HCE
BC
Terminator
KM
Imax3
LM
PUB/PLB

Any of these can replace BM, MIC, PH, MIS, RS called in your rotation?

Thanks

WantFit

Walking lunges are my guilty pleasure }( I don't do them often, usually when i pressed for time and feel like I NEED a leg/glute workout. But i do 200-300 and use at 8 lb medicine ball for the last 100 to 150 of them. It makes my butt hurt for DAYS. I love it}(

>But i do 200-300 and use at 8 lb medicine
>ball for the last 100 to 150 of them. It makes my butt hurt
>for DAYS. I love it}(

lbeach, How did you hold 8lb medicine balls?

Carole, Thanks for your link. I am thinking about buying this book too.:D

WantFit

Substitutes........

Body Max is cardio and weights for lower body and upper body - I would maybe sub a Terminator such as the Vipor or Guantlet and add in 10 mins of abs and 150 walking lunges?? That is a tough one to sub for.....

MIC....this one is really intense cardio for 75mins - try doing 45 mins of jogging changing your tempo and then do about 30 mins of step from any cathe video...........

RS - This is an easier cardio step day, so sub whatever type of lighter cardio you want to :) This is to keep it fun and have a day that is not so intense towards the end.......

MIS - PH - I would sub Muscle Endurance for Power Hour and sub Muscle Max if you have it for MIS or just doing PLB for the lower body part of MIS..........

Hope this helps!!! The whole idea is to do your legs 6X per week with lighter weights, and cardio 4X per week, and upper body lifting 2-3X per week and abs 4X per week by using kickbox, circuits, pilates to stretch and abs, step, jogging, lifting and other things to achieve this!!!

Hope this makes sense and helps :) I am hearing you guys about the DOMS from this rotation - it is burning my legs, which hopefully achieves the goals that I had set, which is to slim my legs and decrease my body fat%.............!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.