I did Cathe's kickbox video

M

momoreg

The hardest part about getting all 8 tapes was deciding which one to do first. I liked this one because it's low impact, with serious emphasis on the shoulders during the cardio portion. Too much step tends to hurt my knees, so this was a welcome change. The biceps portion at the end was just right, and my husband and I did the abs portion together...they're tough! Cathe, can I use push-up handlebars for the beginning ab exercises? I found that it was hard on my wrists.

way to go!

Thanks for the imput! We are all so anxious to get our hands on these videos. It sounds like you had fun. :eek:) I ordered the 2 pack & am scheduled for delivery on Monday...

The impact is low, how's the intensity?

Does the intensity stay high inspite of the low impact? I can sure use some good lo impact. I pound my body mercilessly by combining Interval Max, my absolute favorite Cathe video and running, my true love. I ordered DVD's and am trying to patiently wait for them. Let us know how you rate the workouts as you do them.
Bobbi

the intensity

The intensity is not as high as Interval Max, but the impact was substantially lower, and I, like you, kill my knees and feet with high impact activities. You can definitely mix the kickboxing with another 30 minute workout, though,which is probably what I'll do next time. Also, another thing...I believe that the more I do this particular video, the harder I can make it for myself. A lot of times, when something is new, you don't give it everything, because you just want to learn the moves. I really feel it in my shoulders today, by the way.

Kickbox isn't all low impact...

There is a high impact portion in the
middle of the kickboxing. It has runs, ski hops, bell hops, scissors, power scissors, and jump rope moves.

Just wanted to clarify that for anyone who needs to avoid or modify high impact.

Laura (LCC)

Sounds great!

I love Interval Max. It's so challenging. I always feel like I've accomplished something when I am done. But, I have a collapsed left arch and wear orthotics and it does make my feet ache. We tiled our house last January and I have this elaborate rug thing I have to do in order to cushion the floor. I do wish I had my DVD's! I could use something to revamp and revitalize my workouts!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.