I can slow the play speed on my DVD player !!!! Yea !!!!

I love the replies, but yes..... i be over 60 and better continue with Cathe, if I am blessed to age 80+ ;);) But I only do her gym style for triceps, biceps, and butts & guts. the pace for strength strength is what I like and has assisted me in staying. I much prefer Cathe over any other instructor, what drew me too her was her upper body (triceps/biceps/shoulders) :)

The slower speed is really good to use for the stretch sections too. Many of Cathe's workouts have stretches that are great, but she doesn't hold them as long as I like, so I slow the DVD down for the stretch.:)

I found a Sony SR510H DVD player at Walmart yesterday for $40. That has
Variable playback speeds, faster & slower, with sound, which is fine, just a tad
Slower...works great with that Shred Cardio step warmup that Goes mega fast
IMO....also this little "gem" will let you program the dvd, title, chapters, etc so
You can program the DVD to play the segments you want, kinda like a dvd
"Workout blender" :)

Wow until I read this thread I never thought of slowing her down.

I agree with lower step and no step. I alternate Cathe Step with Treadmill and sometimes rebounder.

Interesting, I do the same as you.

I know this is a really old post and I believe that I read it back in 2019 when it was originally posted and thought about buying the sony dvd player back then but since I already had a working dvd player I did not feel the need to spend more money. I have to give a huge THANK YOU because I finally got frustrated enough that I went ahead and purchased the used sony model on ebay for $20 last week and it has allowed my to feel not as rushed and the 0.8 is just perfect for switching out weights without missing out on reps. It has allowed me to even lift heavier and squat deeper.

I just discovered something wonderful :D

At age 66, I have trouble keeping up with the pace of some Cathe DVDs... while commenting about that in another thread, I wondered if I could slow the playback speed on my DVD player ... and...

I can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is HUGE....

I can push a button and the DVD plays at 0.8 speed. It slows it down just enough... and I can still hear Cathe clearly.. just speaking a little more slowly... and it gives me a tad bit more time between exercises to get my correct weights.

And.. on step workouts.. it will slow it down just enough for me to keep up with Cathe and crew.

I'm excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you tell???? lol
That's awesome!!! How do you do that? I need it too for step workouts and some others that go too fast until I can learn!!

That's awesome!!! How do you do that? I need it too for step workouts and some others that go too fast until I can learn!!
If you have a Sony DVD player and on the remote at the bottom left (at least on mine) you see Fast/Slow Play, that’s the button you use. Easy Peasy!

Sony DVP-SR210P & Sony DVP-SR500H & Sony DVP-SR510H has it.

I learned how to slow my playback over the winter, and that opened a few doors to dvds I had trouble following (Athletic Step and the rolling in MMAFusion for sure). I stumbled over the key. It's great for cardio.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.