Hydrating lotion.

Winter

Cathlete
Hello Everyone,

My skin is dry in the winter and I have not found a really good hydrating lotion. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Cetaphil lotion is great for the winter. My dermatogolist recommended it for me when my skin was really dry. It is too much for me in the summer though. My favorite facial lotion of all time (and I have tried a lot for my sensitive, dry skin) is Olay Total Effects 7x. My friend's dermatologist recommended it for her. She loved it so much, she told me about it. Now I tell my friends and family about it. It has actually changed the texture of my skin!

- Diane

Aveno works best for me. My skin get so dry in the winter that it burns. I've also used Wal-Mart's generic equivalent for Aveno and it seems to do the trick just as well. Best of luck ... :)

I would recommend Aveda Beautifying oil after using there polishing lotion. The polishing lotion will get rid of all the dead skin, and the oil will keep your skin very moist. You can even use it in your bath if you would rather.

Kathy

For this time of year I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter at night just before bed and rub it on everywhere... even my face and when I awake my skin feels so soft and suple.

Me too Winter! I am just one giant flake in the winter! ;) If they have it in your area, try Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera lotion. I think the first ingredient is aloe vera, so it's not watered down like so many of the other lotions. (Do not use the gel, which is a completely different product.) Though the price has gone up over the years, it is still very low-priced.

Serious Skin Care Olive Oil collection available at HSN.com I discovered this stuff last winter and LOVE it. Especially the olive oils for the face. You would think it would be "oily" on the skin, but it's not. My skin drinks it up.

Also, the old standby: Vaseline Intensive Care It's inexpensive and works. So does plain old vaseline, but that stuff is kinda messy. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.