husband is calling my muscles unsexy... told me to stop cathe

What are your workouts like? Perhaps more endurance based which usually maintains the strength without increasing?

How do you feel about him asking you to stop? He isn't jealous of your muscular detail is he?}(

Or are the other guys looking at you? Hmmmm :7

Are you gaining too much muscle, or are you getting too lean giving you a more ripped look?

You may find this article interesting and helpful.

http://www.musclewithattitude.com/article/bodybuilding/getting_the_red_carpet_look&cr=

I'm doing this program right now. It's very challenging.

My husband always jokes with me and calls me Starla (from Napoleon Dynamite). I am far from Starla, but I do flex my biceps a lot.
When he's not joking, he tells me my arms look great.

WHAT?? Yes, I just shouted, sorry. But I understand, I am always asking ,my own DH if I look too muscular.He thinks I look fabo, but whats going on in your house? Certainly you are not some bodybuilder chick with steriodal type muscles right? Women just cannot get that big. I blame the dang media with all of its BS telling us how "toned" certain celebrities are that have NO muscle at all. That is just baloney. Madonna and Angela Bassett are the two of the only buff babes I can see. Everyone else has sticks for arms and legs.

I am sure you are one fine and foxy chica so, whatever, take it with a grain of salt.

RE: husband is calling my muscles unsexy... told me to ...

>WHAT?? Yes, I just shouted, sorry.

I shouted the exact same thing. My DH is also happy with my more muscular look. (Not that I'm all that muscular, but still.) It seems he has a thing for back muscles...who knew?

Maybe try having a conversation with your husband about why it bothers him. It does sound like there might be something deeper than this on his mind? Maybe he thinks of lifting weights as a more "masculine" pursuit?

I agree with tneah...I'm sure you look great!

Did you tell your DH to take a long walk off a short pier???

It sounds like there might be more to this. Is your DH controlling?

As tneah stated, you can't have big much muscles as a woman. We just do not have the right hormones to achieve bulk. We can look bulky if we have too much fat over our muscle.

Perhaps you DH is looking at starving models in comparison. If so He needs to be reminded those people are not healthy and will most likely suffer from osteoporosis.

Strong IS Sexy. Repeat this over and over again and do not stop your program!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.picturetrail.com/jafitmama

Some people do not know that a woman can't bulk a lot without steroids.

He may be afraid she is headed for freaky mass. I'm sorry, IMO, the women who use steroids look awful.

Judy, what a lovely picture! You look fabulous!:)

You are a strong sexy woman. Don't let his insecurities keep you from being the best you can be.

Jenn

Some people just don't like the same amount of muscular look as others do (though sometimes when people start working out, they develop an appreciation and attraction for a more muscular look---does he workout? If not, maybe he could start).

You can get strong without adding much size. Usually that means heavier weights and fewer reps and longer rests (the 10-12 rep range is supposed to be best for hypertrophy, so go lower than that). Maybe with enough cardio to keep growth limited.

What constitutes bulky muscle? I have yet to see a woman, other than professional body builders, that have bulky muscles.

I gain muscle easy in my lower body. I can get too bulky in my lower half fast.
And with a 26" waist, it makes me very unhappy. As someone mentioned earlier, put a little fat on top and that...it can look very bulky. It's not what I want for myself.

I train my lower half often similar to a gymnast or a dancer. This keeps the bulk down for me.

Hello, I'd have to agree with everyone else here. Jealousy, possibly. If your hubbie is not as fit as you are it can be a little intimidating that his wife could probably out push up him and crack a walnut with her legs. My body is the same way,(can't crack a walnut between my legs though) I have strong legs, muscular calves and thighs so I do ballet once a week to keep my muscles lean and stretched out. I seriously doubt we're talking super steriod body building muscles here. I mean look at Cathe, Lorraine, and Jai, they workout constantly and they don't look like neckless body builders. They have beautiful lean toned and fit bodies but if your worried you can increase your cardio to burn off the fat.

Sounds like Dave when I first started....then he gives me compliments...then he complains. I just keep on keep on! That is why I like these forums, I can get support from other like minded women (and men) to help me on my journey.

Annette Bethel

We've been married 18 years (I'm 15 years his junior,) - and hubby knows the surest way to guarantee sex is to say - Gee hon, you look too thin, gee hon those biceps are hot, gee hon, those extra 10 pounds make you look so great! Whats wrong with him? Maybe he'll figure it out after a week or so in the shed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.