*~*~*~* Hump Day MELTERS*~*~*~*

Hey all!

Shannon -- How is work going? Is it almost the end of the day for you yet? I know what you mean about the KB's -- I was totally worried that I'd boink myself in the face, but I haven't -- so far! ;-) Glad that you can play a bit on-line as long as you keep it on the "down low." :)

Deb -- Ah, sounds like Keegan is still keeping you on your toes, the cute little guy! How neat that Kelsey and Clancy were models! They must have been Superstars! What a bummer that you had to go into work again, but I'm glad you can take those hours off later on. I know -- I want STS to come so badly. I decided to get the KB's after the blog update where they listed all the steps still to come before we'd get STS; I figured that it may not be out until late fall, so it would be fun to try something new in the meantime. Yes, SIL's can be so hard to deal with, huh?

Lainie -- Glad you're doing well, babe! Is Ewan doing better after his belly upset the other night? How is your mouth feeling? Are you almost back to eating regular foods? Hope you can relax a bit today!

Love you ladies, too!:)

Hello Melters.

One day down, went well, and 10 nore to go to NY. My workout will be walking in a bit.

Have a Great Night!!

Hi, all,
I just got back from a swim a bit ago, and wanted to quickly check in with you all. I have to try to keep it brief, though, because I have to cook dinner and do some work for a philanthropic organization to which the girls and I belong and of which I am the vice pres. of communications. One of the things I don't like about VBS is that it takes up so much of each day that it's hard to get things done.

Shelley -- I'm so happy that the news of your sister is good!!! I hope you are feeling some relief. Btw, I love Bootcamp, too!

Deb -- Sounds like the little "spitfire" is getting lots of your attention. That is so darling that you had dog "models"! Have you ever seen that movie "Best in Show"? We watched it last night. I think it's really funny, although a bit odd, IMHO, like all Christopher Guest movies.

Jennifer -- I hope your return to work was okay. Where are you going in 9 days?

Shannon -- yes, VBS is a full week -- only 2 more days! Sorry work was so boring -- did you finish that big manual you were working on?

Leanne -- Aren't family dynamics frustrating sometimes?!!! YEA for you on the KB workout! It sounds tough.

Kara -- I'm glad for you that Emma enjoys piano so getting her to practice, etc., is not a source of conflict. Hope all the renovation work is going well.

Tneah -- What kind of bike do you do spinervals on? When I had a gym membership, I loved Spinning classes! Ugh on the annual exam -- hope it went as well as can be expected. (hate 'em, hate 'em!!)

Robin -- Are you back in the groove yet or still in vacation mode?

Lainie -- How's the heat? How are your teeth? Are you back on solid food?

{{{HUGS}}} to all, and thanks again for letting me be part of this supportive and awesome group!

Last edited:
hey kids,

Well I survived the doctor today!:) She was actually very, very cool.

And I got my blood drawn again to see if the meds are working properly...and I got my bodyfat scan done since they were open! Sorry Leanne, I was right there and could not wait!

So as you know I have been loosey-goosey with my diet, not too strict, kinda going with the flow. Exercising less. Guess what? There is only 4 pounds and 3 percent bodyfat between me feeling great and eating looser and me exercising too much and eating less!:D

In other words, my bodyfat is 17 percent, I am up only 4 pounds since my last scan, up 3.5 percent bodyfat since my last scan--when I was killing myself on that program.

Frankly, I will take the 17 percent bodyfat and eat and drink like a queen over the alternative.:p I shall live with my adorable little ab roll.

That was my self absorbed post for the day, be back later to chat more...have to take DH to the airport.

Hey all!

Jennifer -- How great that you'll soon be on vacation! Hope being back at work wasn't too bad today.

Tneah -- Hooray for your LOW body fat! I am so, so happy for you, and I hope you're happy, too, and feeling good about food and exercise right now!! HOORAY! How great to hear, too, that your Dr. was so cool and that the exam itself wasn't terrible. Will you find out soon about the new meds and how they're working? Hope that that is also good news! It seems like you're feeling better and have your old energy back, right?

Kristi -- Yes, family can be hard sometimes, huh? It's also esp. hard when it comes to in-laws since you can't always just come right out and say how you feel. ;-) Wow! What a busy evening you have ahead of you -- after an already super busy day! You're such a good writer that I bet you do a fantastic job at being the VP of Communications. Isn't _Best in Show_ hysterical, and yet odd?! Like you said, all of Christopher Guest's films are that way. Have you seen _A Mighty Wind_? That's a good one, too. It shocked me when I found out that most of his films are ad-libbed by the actors! They are all so talented. {{{HUGS}}} back to you with all that intense training and work, and I'm so glad that you joined out little group!

I think DH and I are going to watch a movie tonight, so hope you all have great evenings, and see you in the morning!:)

Hi all. What a crazy day I had a work. It was catch up all day long. I got home and did Tracey's HISM2. I'm pooped.

Shannon, I'm with you. It would kill me to do something like Bootcamp first thing in the morning. Have fun with CC8. I've kind of forgotten about the CC workouts since my knee is better. I should drag them out again.

Leanne, I love your niece's name. I agree that $125 is a lot to ask someone to spend for a short boat trip.

Hi Kara. How is Colin doing at Govenor's School? Is he anxious to get home? I hope he's enjoying it.

Tneah, I hope you got through your doctor's visit OK. I don't mind going to my doctor. We chat about the Caribbean while he's "down there" and it's all over before I know it.

Shelley, hugs, hugs, and more hugs. I'm glad the surgery was successful and will keep praying about the pathologist's report.

Deb, just remember how quickly little puppies grow into dogs. Soon you will have your day back.

Hi Lainie. Enjoy your evening.

Jennifer, glad your day back to work went well.

Kristi, how did VBS go? What do you do? I'm usually a teacher. This year I'm kind of slacking, since all I really have to do is show a short movie. Oh, and be is a short skit at the start of each day.

DH went to market today and got some fresh local strawberries. Yum! And snap peas! We had a good dinner. I love summertime food.

Hey y'all.

Too tired for personals, but we're home. Didn't get in to see Karen, she was still too out of it. But it was nice just to be there with family (my BIL's, not mine - Karen is my only family).

Leanne - as soon as I heard that she was okay, I had to stop myself from just bursting into tears at work.:)

Robin - I'll get a PM to you just as soon as I can.

Hi,
Tneah -- congrats on the bodyfat news! Here's to enjoying life AND being fit and fabulous! Hey, are you watching the finale of "Top Chef" tonight?

Leanne -- You are just so sweet! I really wish you were going to RT in July so I could meet you! "Best in Show" was so funny! DH and I had seen it before, but I got it for one of my DDs. Last summer she developed a real love of C. Guest movies; I think that's because her grandfather (DH's father) loved them (esp. "Waiting for Guffman"). He died somewhat unexpectedly (at least to my DDs) 2 and 1/2 years ago, and I think those movies make one of my DDs feel a connection with him as she gets older and he's not here. She's always had a quirky sense of humor. My other DD, on the other hand, just thinks those movies are dumb. "A Mighty Wind" is the only one we haven't seen, but DD said last night that she wants me to get it from Netflix. In fact, I'm adding it to the queue right now. She hasn't seen "This is Spinal Tap" (neither have I), but she can't since it's rated R. I did not know those movies were ad-libbed, but apparently DD & DH did -- where have I been??? :+ What movie did you and DH watch tonight?

Robin -- I'm doing Crafts in VBS. It's fun; I get to see all the kids of every age. My DDs are doing 3 & 4 year olds. I think their job is harder. When is your VBS? Sorry you had to jump back into reality today after such an awesomely beautiful trip!

Shelley -- I'm just sending you the warmest thoughts for a peaceful and restful night's sleep.

Talk to you all tomorrow! Off to watch Top Chef.

Last edited:
Back to send Shelley more ((hugs)) and warm and fuzzy thoughts tonight.:)

Kristi, I am watching Top Chef!:) Of course, of course! I am rooting for Stephanie, but will be ok if Richard wins, but not that hag Lisa.x( I loved Best in Show...whatta scream! Your girls are so great, you must feel so blessed.:7

Robin, your berries and snap peas sound yummy, and boy, you are just jumping right back into those workouts girl, good for you! And LOL at your gyno conversations!

Leanne, my BF isn't really low, its low enough for me to maintain without the grief and that makes me very, very happy let me tell ya!Thanks for the kind words as always. Hope you and DH are getting cozy tonight.

Hi to Lainie bug and nighty, night to all you fabulous ladies...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.