How's this rotation??

I've been post happy, but here is another question.

Okay, about me. I'm 30, 5'5 and weigh 140lbs. I've been doing cardio 6 times a week and strenght 3 times a week for about 2 months (it seems,I think i'm right). I havent lost 1 pound!!!!

I havent been eating clean all the time, but shoot, I thought I would loose something. (we are going to Fl June 8)

So..... sorry so long, but i thought this might work....

Mon- cardio (short) and PS Legs
Tue- cardio (longer)and PS Chest,shoulders,ect
Wed- Cardio (short-30min) PS Back,biceps,ect
Thur-Cardio (long) & Denise Pilates
Fri- MIS
Saturday- Cardio (longer)
Sunday -rest

Week 2

Mon-cardio long and S&H chest,ect
Tue-cardio short & S&H legs
Wed-cardio long & pilates
Thur-cardio long & S&H Tri and Bi,ect
Fri-cardio long
Sat-MIS
Sunday-rest

I thought i'd do this rotation for a month.
What do you guys think, cause I'm just doing tapes, dont really know WHAT i'm doing!!!

Thanks,
tracy

Hi Tracy! WOW, I'm jealous that you're going to FL. You only have 18 days, so if it were me, I'd clean up on the eating and I'd cardio my head off. You know, Cathe says that for the S&H series you only need to do it once per week. So, why add MIS, when you could have an extra cardio day? For 2 weeks now, I've been doing S&H, one body part every day for 6 days. Then, afterwards, I do cardio for 45-60 min. It's working well, cuz my pants are a little looser and I'm really seeing some upper body muscle growth. The short wt. sessions make it so much more fun to me.

Just a suggestion!! Have a great time!!

Robin http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/flower.gif

Robin...

You say one body part a day for 6 days?? What does that mean?? You are only working each bodypart ONCE a week?? I do not have Cathe slow and heavy yet but am considering getting it. I like the idea of being able to work out with weights EVERY day, atleast M-F, but the videos are not very conducive for that, so your rotation interests me. If you are only working each once a week are you still experiencing good gains?? I would love to know...Janice

Hey Janice, I'm only starting my 3rd week of S&H, but yes, I can see 'more' already. The tapes are divided like this: Chest/Back, Tri's/Bi's, Legs/Shoulders. So, I do M-Chest, T-Back, W- Legs, Th-Shoulders, F-Tri's, S- Bi's.

I remember that Cathe said that, with this series, you only have to do each body part once per week. The wts are heavy, slow and it's very intense. I've seen other folks' rotations where they throw in another total body tape so that they hit each part twice a week. But, I decided that doing the way I am now, I can get in much more cardio, and Cathe had posted that you can break up the tapes and get the same results. With the PS series, I couldn't do this, cuz you have to hit each body part at least 2X week to see gains with it. I'd have to sacrifice cardio time and I *really* need it.

One thing more, I am an ecto from the word 'go' so this will never bulk me up. I plan on doing this for 8-10 more weeks. If you did an hour of this S&H stuff, the intensity will probably get ya, but breaking it in half works well (at least for me!)

I just did a search and got an idea from someone. You could do one body part per day, take a rest day or cardio day, do MIS, then do a rest or cardio day, and then start the thing over. This means that you're not doing weekly rotations, but you're hitting each body part more than once per week, but less than twice per week. This would be good if you think that your body needs more wt. work. You wouldn't necessarily lose a cardio day by doing MIS cuz you can tack on 30 min. Just an idea.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.