How young is to young to have a cell phone?

You can communicate quietly. I think that is the charm of it.

Yes, this is exactly why my kids and I text back and forth. I thought texting was ridiculous at first until I realized the benefits. My boys spend most of their time in school or work. Before I jumped on the texting bandwagon I would have to wait hours to talk to them just to ask a simple question. With texting I get an instant reply.:) We have unlimited texting on all our phones.
I like to send my kids silly messages too! I'm very immature.:p

Texting is the main way my husband and I communicate during the day. We both work and are in meetings or conference calls most of the day so texting is the only way we can coordinate activities between kids, activities, etc.

My older children are going in to 8th grade. We got them cell phones when they started 6th grade because of sporting events being unpredictable and they needed a way to call me to pick them up. But now that the novelty has worn off, they often forget their phones at home or let the charge run out and end up calling from a friend's phone. They are never far from a cell phone at these events it turns out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.