How would you feel if your husband.....

I'm sorry, but this bothers me. I trust my DH with my life too, but I also believe in having privacy. We do not share passwords, emails, texts or any of that. There's another way of looking at trust... our trust is so strong, sharing this info isn't necessary. I don't need to know what his emails, voicemails and texts say. And he doesn't need to know mine.

It's not that there is anything I am saying that I "shouldn't" be saying or doing in front of my husband, but it's more about the fact that I have the right to have some privacy. This does not reflect negatively on our trust for each other in any way. In fact, I would say our trust for each other is stronger because of the fact we don't have to prove it!

There are many ways of handling trust and privacy in a marriage, so no one way is the "right way". Still, I can honestly say if I had my husband reading over my shoulder all the time, we would have a serious problem.

So to answer the original post... YES you have a right to be upset that your DH is sneaking behind your back and reading your texts. It's wrong. Period.

Great post. I totally agree.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.