How to lift a flat butt

hiho322

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

My wife asked me to ask you something on her behalf (she doesn't go on Forums). She's just lost a little weight and even though we've both been doing your workouts (downloads and Cathe Live) for quite some time, and we've just added in some heavier weights, suddenly, her butt is flat and almost non-existent and her jeans keep sliding down ;-) So we're both wondering if there's some specific type of exercise(s) she should be doing to kinda bulk up or lift her glutes. I'm thinking that the muscles right below the butt would lift it and perhaps round it a bit, but I'm certainly no expert. What do you think?

Thanks,

Annie

Hi Annie,

My first recommendation has been given @Justinef . I had great result from RBR aka diamond cut bottom:);)
Great Glutes is also a good program enabling to hit various part of the glutes.

Here below are exercises and tips:

• Goblet squat as deep as her body, strength and flexibility allow her. with or without weight
  • Hip thrust light and heavy --- 100 reps with light to built up to heavy load.
  • One single leg hip thrust, on the floor with 2 risers. Keep the stepping leg fairly far from the upper body.
  • Stability rolls out and in. This burn burn and burn but they are one of the best to lift sagging butt.
  • incline bench leg raise, this can be performed on a stability ball. I love this one. separating legs at the top makes it more challenging.
View clip below, this hit the upper part of the glute too.
  • Seated lateral step with resistance band, this work and nicely stretch the upper part all the way to the upper side of the Glute:) clip 5:40
I did cathe's 2011 to the letter. Yes walking lunges were tough but I see the purpose. To get the best out of them
she will need to walk low to keep constant tension on the glute, otherwise quad will take more of the work and most
women do not want soccer player quads!:). keep squat as deep as possible safely. same with lunges with no chest collapsing.
if She want a plump - glute she definitely need to work on deeper squat. Gluteus maximus responds well on those:);):p
At least for me and some it works.

ETA: BBW are there for a purpose. Glute require a lot of work and these BBW pre-activate muscles before starting the actual work. A successful glute work require feeling each squeeze.
Muscle-Mind connection;)

All the very best:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.