How often does your stability ball need to be inflated?...

momto2bratz

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

It seems like I need to inflate my ball almost every other workout. Is this too often?? I checked it and it doesn't have any holes or anything, but it just seems to lose a lot of air for the amount of time that it is being used. I just wanted to know if everyone has to do this also or if I have some defected ball:)

Aila

Well...I've had my ball for a year and have never inflated it....it is soft and just today I was inflating a ball for my DH..the same size as mine and his is much harder....so I'm thinking I need more air in mine now??? Thanks for posting I'd love to read some more responses because I don't know how much or how many times you should inflate...:)...Carole

Had mine for about a year & have only done the initial inflation. However, I was just commenting to DH that I thought I should have him add a little air to it this weekend.

I had to fill mine up every other time I used it too. Now, when I'm not using it I make sure it's resting on the "thing", you know, the part where you put the air in. It's really helping to allow less air to escape, and I only have to fill it up about every fifth time I use it. I think we have defective balls.

RE: How often does your stability ball need to be infla...

It seems like it inflates really hard and then gets a little softer after 2-3 workouts. It doesn't completely lose all the air, but enough to where the pikes are difficult to do. That is how I can tell it needs air. I purchased mine at Walmart..Does anyone have this one?? It is 55 cm, green and was 13.88..I am just curious to see if my ball is the problem.

TIA

Aila:)

Hi! I had to add some air to mine last night. It is about the 3rd time since I have had it. I have had it about 1 year and a half. I use it about 2 times a week, sometimes more.

Beverly

I find that I have to inflate mine about weekly or every other week, I guess depending on how much I use it.
I thought about getting another ball, but the salesperson at the fitness store suggested that I may need to inflate the ball that I was thinking of buying the same amount and it was I think $30-40.

I have mine since the Intensity Series came out (probably about 1 yr ago). I've used it regularly, and have never had to re-inflate the ball since the first one. I think having an anti-burst one really helps. It keeps its shape better and keep the air in. And the material is definitely better (thicker). I got mine at www.fitness1st.com, but www.fwonline.com also have them (anti-burst). The anti-burst balls are much much better quality...

I've had to add air to one of my stability balls about once every few months. The other (a Paul Chek dura pro) still hasn't needed more air in it after about 8 months.

Anti-burst balls like the Paul Chek ball, may hold air better, but you have to be careful to inflate them correctly to keep their anti-burst qualitites. You only inflate them about 75% the first time, then let them sit for 24 hours before filling all the way. It's supposed to help retain the strength of the plastic. My other balls didn't come with these kinds of directions, but I wonder if doing this would also guard the integrity of their plastic?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.