How often can you do step?

val01

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I was just curious how often you could do step workouts safely? I walk/run, kickbox, and do some hi/lo (least favorite), but step is my cardio of choice. I don't have any knee issues, but I dont want to get any either!

Thanks!

Valerie

It really depends on the individual. SOme people can step every day with no problem. I'm rather conservative concerning exercise safety, so I try not to do the same cardio workout two days in a row to avoid overuse injuries and to ensure a balanced muscle use (even though there are times when I really have to use my willpower to not kickbox every day!). If you do this with step, you can do 4 workouts in one week, and 3 workouts the next.

i love step! i can do it five days a week with very few problems with my knees. on occasion, my knees get a little creaky, and i just lower my step height. i noticed when i take off a lot of time from doing step is when i feel little twinges when i return to doing it. latley, i've been doing a good mixture or kickbox, hi/lo and step. i love high impact and hope i can do it for a long time.

Just to give you yet another opinion, I do step 2 or 3 times a week, and I do have knee issues.

I reckon I do step an average of three times per week, never more than four: it keeps knee issues at bay.

Clare

Thank you for all of your thoughts and opinions! I think that I will stay conservative and keep it to 3 times per week. It's just really hard grabbing for anything else since I love it so much. I haven't found a kickboxing workout that isn't a "space hog" yet, so I guess that's why I often reach for step!

From the preview Cardio Kicks takes up a lot of room.. what about KPC?

Thanks again everyone!

Valerie

Wow! That's what I was hoping to hear! You just made my day! :)

I have several kickboxing workouts, and can only do one due to space constraints.

Thanks!

Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.